• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrap Text Around a Video?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks in advance for any help.  Is there anyway I can wrap text around a video similar to the Muse capability of wrapping text around an image?

I would like to position an .mp4 video on the right margin of my page and just have the text flow around it.  Can't believe that  I can't do it!

Any help please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Why shouldn’t this be not possible? It works the very same way as it works, when you wrap text around images, rectangles, text frames or other elements:

The only „restriction" for now: These objects don’t react responsively as inline elements.

But even this restriction can be defeated, it you place the video widget into a composition, and place this composition into the text flow.

You say „… similar to the Muse capability of wrapping text around an image“. I assume,  you didn’t try this up to now.

T

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why shouldn’t this be not possible? It works the very same way as it works, when you wrap text around images, rectangles, text frames or other elements:

The only „restriction" for now: These objects don’t react responsively as inline elements.

But even this restriction can be defeated, it you place the video widget into a composition, and place this composition into the text flow.

You say „… similar to the Muse capability of wrapping text around an image“. I assume,  you didn’t try this up to now.

Text wrapping in HTML is very restricted and doesn’t work like in print  layout at all. The only way, to wrap text on homepages is, to paste the element just like a text snippet into a text frame. Having done this, you can switch on and configure text wrapping.

And exactly this is the way, it works for video widgets too.

Muse can’t wrap images, which are not placed inline into a text frame, like for example InDesign does. Why? Because HTML can’t do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gunter....    Thank you very much - it worked great.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines