Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

wrapping text around gallery

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have a issue with wrapping text around a gallery and hope someone can help me out.

This ( Wrapping text around an image in a Adobe Muse ) is the procedure I use to insert

images and it works fluently, but it wont work when its a gallery (the gallery trigger).

It looks the way it supposed to in design mode:

However it looks like the gallery is glued on top

of the text in browser preview:

Are there any solutions to get around this issue?

Thanks, Andreas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Wrapping in HTML (and sometimes in Muse) is very restricted. Even Muse’s built in widgets don’t wrap properly. Try, for example, to place the slide show widget inline. It works nice in design mode, but doesn’t in preview or when exported.

I’d suggest to go without those highly complex constructions. Web design is not print design.

Nevertheless: What works, is a tricky „work around“ constuction:

Place a slide show into a second, empty text container, and place this text container into your existing

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have clicked inside the text to create blinking cursor  and copied (in german version there is copy&paste or this scissor icon - ausschneiden) and pasted it into the text it should work fine.

Yes your design view looks quite fine.

If I do it that way it looks in preview like this:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-06-26 um 09.25.50.png

Does this really help?

If not, could you provide a .muse with your two elements? Text and picture?

One page? Via dropbox, CC or similar file sharing.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe, thanks for your reply.

I clicked inside the text box so the cursor start blinking as you describe

and then paste it.

It works fine when it comes to images but not when it`s the gallery.

Did you insert a gallery or a image in your example?

Thanks again for the help.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I overread this tiny little detail. I realize,it looks perfect in design mode and terrible in browser.

I invite Günter Heißenbüttel​ to this.

He might know a solution or not.

Best regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries.

So I guess you had the same issue as me when trying to to use a gallery instead of an image?

Thanks for the help though and hope you are right that Günter Heißenbüttel can help.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He knows best if this is even possible to work, or if this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrapping in HTML (and sometimes in Muse) is very restricted. Even Muse’s built in widgets don’t wrap properly. Try, for example, to place the slide show widget inline. It works nice in design mode, but doesn’t in preview or when exported.

I’d suggest to go without those highly complex constructions. Web design is not print design.

Nevertheless: What works, is a tricky „work around“ constuction:

Place a slide show into a second, empty text container, and place this text container into your existing text container. Now you can specify the wrapping attributes for the pasted text container and – indirectly – for the inline slideshow. This even works – unexpected for me –  with a inline slideshow defined as a lightbox. But be aware, that inline objects (images, rectangles) don’t react responsively. And don’t expect, a 3rd party gallery to work in this way!

In some situations you may also try to place an empty rectangle or image frame into your text box and place the gallery icon outside the text box behind it. In certain situations this may work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Günter Heißenbüttel ,   and thank you Uwe to get in touch with him and trying to help me out.

It worked. And this is how i did it:

1. Create a main text box (for the text that should wrap around the gallery)

2. Create a new text box outside the main box (try to use the same dimension as the gallery you want to place)

3. Highlight the new text box, right click and cut (text box will dissapear )

4. Click inside the main text box at the place you want to put the gallery (cursor will blink), right click and paste

5. Find your gallery, place it somewhere outside the text boxes and adjust it to desired size

6. Highlight the gallery, right click and cut

7. Highlight the text box were you want to place the gallery, right click and paste (as in step 4)

8. Choose desired wrapping

9. Done

It`s not perfect when it comes to the size of the gallery compared to the text box its placed in and

it seems to be some space underneath the gallery ( at least in my case), but it should work out.

When trying to place the gallery inside its box (step 2) and then cut and paste those together into the

main box, strange things happens and they split into two boxes...

Thanks again guys!

Best regards, Andreas

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great that it works now. Good advice from you Günter Heißenbüttel​​ , thanks  andreasb31759454​ that you share it.

Best to you all

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines