• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong favicon in some spots (pages)

Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi have put new favicon but on one page the old favicon shows. Is this a bug?

www.henrikporali.se statistik page is wrong. How to fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Then mark an answer as „correct“ to assist Others, who may run into the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Did you see, that you can use different favicon for every page? (–> Page Properties)
  • Did you clear your browser cache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Henrik+Porali  wrote

Is this a bug?

www.henrikporali.se statistik page is wrong. How to fix this?

no the code on that page points to a different image but both pages look to use the same master so I'm thinking you;

• have a master pointing to a different master or
  • have a page favicon set there instead of a site favicon... try right click that page and set a new favicon in the properites

Screenshot (561).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i hade not the same on master and i have only one master and i fix this but the favicon dosent go away. And i have clear browser to no help and i set favicon to the right on page to but still the same wrong on this page only this page to

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

publish the site to a free Adobe bc and test if the favicon is still different there

fixed on Adobe bc = your host server is the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi the same problem on the bc so the problem isent the host server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please reduce your site to only the „misbehaving“ page, delete all content from this page, and share this reduced .muse file with us (–> Dropbox, CC Files, …). You may follow these instructions: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi how do i get the page in to the new site? I dont know how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Delete all pages but one and its master page.
  2. Delete all elements on these pages.
  3. Save it under a new name.
  4. Check, if your issue is still present.
  5. Share this new .muse file with us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i hope this i right if not i do again.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

„The site can’t be found."

Avoid any special characters – (, /, Ü, …,) in your file name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey i did it offisal ther is no spelcal in the file try now.

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… but there is no favicon at all, neither on master page, nor on layout page …

Did you delete it too?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i am sorry i dident get i right hor do i take away the elements i dont know how to do this. The pic i do know how but the elements? Need some info to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don‘t know, what is the problem.

The favicon is not placed/visible on your pages. It is imported under „Page Properties“, and only becomes visible in the address line, if you visit the site in a browser.

If you delete everything on your pages, the pages are blank, but the favicon isn‘t affected, because it is not a page element.

The site, you shared, is (nearly) blank, but there is not favicon added in „Page Properties“ at all. So nobody will be able to have a look at your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i try again this is right i think i almost erase the hole site. and the favicon is there to

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only use the favicon on your mobile pages:

Desktop and tablet:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-22 um 12.40.04.png

phone:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-22 um 12.41.25.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey in my program all is on i dont know how to fix this all is on in my programAdobeFELMUSE.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On master in desktop plate and mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason but don't know for which reason, on the site you shared with us its different.

Yes, I see your screenshot, but … .

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have evidently replaced the file. Now, there are favicons assigned to the pages. Since your new file now has about 100 pages(!), you won’t expect us, to  really check every single page and look for different favicons, don’t you?

If I export your site as HTML, I see, that 2 different favicons are exported. That means, that there are two different favicons assigned to your pages:

Screen Kopie.jpg

If this isn’t correct, delete all favicons from all pages and re-assign your favicon to the master pages only. Look, what happens in this case.

One hint: Assigning favicons to tablet or phone instance doesn’t make that much sense: iOS devices don’t display these favicons. (I don’t know, it Android devices do)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i cant delite the phone side i klick basket (Paperbasket) but the icon still there. And i only hade one icon i change this to new.

I try to change but the problem are the same when i take away all icon (But not on mobile it dosent go away) and put up nothing the icon comes anyway in site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I don’t understand.

• Did you delete all favicons on all pages and all master pages on all layouts before assigning the right one again?
  • Do you have a screenshot of the wrong icon, when it is shown in browser?
  • Can you tell us the exact page, where this happens?
  • Has this layout page an extra icon or does it use the favicon from master page?
  • Where does the wrong icon appear: In „preview" or on the „real“ site?
  • If on the real site: How did you export your site to the server?
  • You HTML output shows 2 icons. Which is the correct one? And why there are 2 favicons exported?

Is it that difficult to delete all pages except the master page and the layout page with the wrong favicon, save it under a new name, and share this .muse file with us? (We don’t even need any page content (text, images)

You can’t expect us to check all of these 100 pages in your file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi .again..

• I did delete all the favicons och all master pages but on the mobile page it didn't go away. And the problem didn't go away the same problem again. And on the phone page the icon didn't go away at all i deleted it but it dosent go away on the muse program side.
  • The wrong icon is here.StatistikFEL icon.JPG
  • The page is www.henrikporali.se/statistik.html the statistik page
  • In real site but now it is gone somehow. Now it is nothing there at all. The favicon is gone and idont know how this happened i posted the site some times and then it was gone. So on page statistik for desktop and tablet there is no icon at all now. I dont know how this happened but the wrong one is gone and there is noting at all.
  • I use the ftp program in muse to upload
  • The right one is the light blue not the dark blue.
  • And i get up whit ftp program and look in image folder and there is only 2 favicon here and they are the right one i have download it and they are good not the dark blue.

No icon at all statistikFELfavo.JPG

Can you solve this its better now when the wrong is gone but i still think there is a bug i have ower 70 pages maybe the program doesn't like this and do something wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite clear to me, what you are doing.

• I downloaded your .muse file again.
  • In plan mode, I right clicked onto the „Statistik“ page of the phone version, chose „Page Properties/Options“ and what can I see? The „wrong“ icon!

Screen.jpg

• The same happens, when I choose the „Statistik“ page in the tablet version and go to „Page Properties“.

Your phone and tablet master pages are having the „correct“ icon, but if you assign icons to layout pages too, they are the ones, which are used on your web page – they overwrite the master page favicon.

If you delete the favicon on your „Statistik“ layout pages (phone/tablet), instantly the (correct) master page favicons are displayed. Just look at this screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines