• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

You guys are really something! Adobe's days are numbered for me!

Engaged ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You guys are something else. First you shut us down on Muse and now you're bailing on us over on your Facebook page. Won't be long before I cancel my cloud membership. Unfortunately you've made my life a living hell right now until I can get all my sites out of your software!

Interesting to me how you recently sent out an email informing me my monthly membership fee was going up.  But no email whatsoever about Muse being discontinued.  Adobe literally makes me sick to my stomach right now.  As soon as I find the alternative I need for my sites and get them all migrated (dozens of them!) Adobe will be out of my life!  The only thing that would redeem you is if you reversed your decision on Muse or made it available elsewhere for the THOUSANDS of us who love it and have used it as our main design and web tool.  I have never been so disgusted and abused by any company in my life!  And I've been around since the Macromedia days.  Thanks for nothing!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably not going to agree, but as a coder/programmer, and the co-owner of the oldest developer of Dreamweaver extensions, the Muse approach was good for a hobbyist, or someone maintaining only his or her own site. However, it was/is a horrible choice for developing sites for other people... in other words, it is a bad choice for web designers making sites for clients. And if the reasons are not obvious, then that means you should not be using Muse. Dreamweaver is still the best solution for a desktop web-design app for non-coders, because you can simply use the right extensions to do whatever you need to do.

As for Muse plugins, they are equally horrible, but not because of the developers making them. They are horrible because of severe constraints in the Muse API that plug-in developers are stuck with. If not, we would have made Muse versions of our tools a long tome ago.

I hope you come up with a solution that works for you, but you should really consider Dreamweaver before jumping the Adobe ship.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.  As I mentioned in my post, I have been with Adobe's products since they were Macromedia, including Dreamweaver.  I used Dreamweaver for years and purchased several extensions.  But i found it to be clunky and not very easy to make responsive sites in.  And it doesn't give my clients any options for content management other that Business Catalyst, which Adobe is also shutting down.  I use Dreamweaver for certain things and may indeed use it for a site here and there.  But Muse was a brilliant program for thousand of use.  You can call it horrible for whatever reasons you want, but I believe that is simply opinion.  I've been designing pro websites for nearly 20 years and I've tried many platforms.  I have confidence in Muse-themes who are going to release a web based program they say will be similar in feel to Muse.  There will be others as well.  But my confidence in Adobe has been shattered.  If it was such a horrible program why did they continue to tout it and develop it for 8 years plus?  No disrespect to you but web design is a very individual art form.  We all approach it differently to a large degree.  What I may love you may hate... and vice versa.  But my main gripe here is how terrible Adobe has been with the Muse issue.  They led me on and then threw mew under the bus.  There is no excuse for that.  Thanks again for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on your response, I don't think you understand what I was saying. An impasse such as that, on a forum such as this will never get resolved. So, I wish you luck and if you ever get past your very justified frustration, feel free to reach out to us and we'll be happy and quite able to convince you of other ways that a designer can take complete control of the process of making a responsive site.

Good luck to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I understood you quite clearly.  You believe in Dreamweaver and that's great for you.  But to insinuate that I am a hobbyist is very shortsighted I think.  I've owned a web company since 1999 and have designed dozens of professional websites for very high profile people and companies.  If you feel Muse is not up to your standards then so be it.  But there are many, many, many Creative Cloud members who disagree with that mindset.  Perhaps you misunderstood me.  I'm not here to have a debate really.  Muse shut down their Facebook page and they directed us here to voice our opinions.  My hope is that Adobe is reading this and will at least acknowledge their actions by responding to our frustrations.  Perhaps a discussion on the most preferred software for web design should be on another thread.  My intent on this one was/is feedback on the termination of Adobe Muse and their terrible manner that they handled this whole thing.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got of the phone with three people from Adobe Muse support:

1. it is definitely dead.

2. They don't care if it will cost us time and money to migrate our websites, but they will  tell you how wonderful XD and Dreamweaver are.

3. The only thing they know about Spark is that it won't replace Muse.

4. If I want to make sure my OS supports Muse in the future, then I should never update my OS.

5. They may have a Muse replacement in the future, but I wasn't given any assurance that that is even true.

6. They gave me three months free on my CC subscription. Pfft.

It's time to abandon Adobe for good. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

Dreamweaver is still the best solution for a desktop web-design app for non-coders, because you can simply use the right extensions to do whatever you need to do.

wow

Lonnie_Kunkel  wrote

1. correct
  2. no comment but Dreamweaver is ok for some simple code jobs and XD = not for me thanks
  3. correct
  4. correct in the sort term but Internet will change and sooner or later the code Muse makes will stop working no mater what os you install the software on
  5. pigs may fly as well
  6. thats nice of them, I hope you said yes please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow

I'm glad you agree. There need to be more moderators or ACPs who understand web development and the needs of users with varying skill sets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ALsp  wrote

Wow

I'm glad you agree. There need to be more moderators or ACPs who understand web development and the needs of users with varying skill sets.

You forgot to add the most important point about anyone thinking about using Dreamweaver AL.

That is -

If you have a perpetual copy of Dreamweaver CS6, guard it with your life, and use that with extensions to create web sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Right you are, Paula.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines