Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Youtube videos in muse

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I am using embedded HTML youtube widgets in muse. (Voiceover​) . It appears to be slowing down my page download speed.

Any advice on speeding it up or alternatives would be well received.

Is it possible to make that the last thing that loads. So at least everything else appears first?

Thanks,

Martin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

martina87673634  wrote

I'll still try to find a way to make the videos work directly on the page

iframes allow you to target a video and that work around is popular for this type of layout if you need them on home page

Advanage: fast load times because only one (or a slash screen) loads at page start i.e, the others load after a user clicks them

disadvange; only really works for desktop or tablet designs... most phones will not run an iframe design without some kind of error

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have the home | welcome page without youtube links then load them on a different page

so for quick example keep the images as a single div with picture and let people click it

Screenshot (149).png

this (as one image) will load fast, then when someone clicks it they are taken to your youtube page... you could also track where they click so the correct youtube i.e, one of six, opens first

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ussnorway, I have made those changes.

I'll still try to find a way to make the videos work directly on the page, but this is great for now thanks.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

martina87673634  wrote

I'll still try to find a way to make the videos work directly on the page

iframes allow you to target a video and that work around is popular for this type of layout if you need them on home page

Advanage: fast load times because only one (or a slash screen) loads at page start i.e, the others load after a user clicks them

disadvange; only really works for desktop or tablet designs... most phones will not run an iframe design without some kind of error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines