• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube widget doesn't move on Y axis (responsive)

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I'm doing my pages responsive after designing computer template. It's going pretty well. Text elements scale their width right way. They also move other elements like pictures, buttons etc. down as they are thiner and higher.

BUT there is one element which is not affected by this content hieght expansion and it's the YouTube widget. I tried set up properities like stretch to the browser width or responsive width even responsive height and width but notning forced this widget to move down because of hight expand of the elements above this widget.

What am I doing wrong? Is it even possible that youtube widget is pushed down as the window gets smaller and content gets higher?
Thanks 4 all tips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably incorrect on this one, but I don't think the Youtube widget in Muse is responsive yet. I have asked my colleague to check and respond as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Preran​said: Muse’s video widgets are responsive.

If not for you, you should show us a simple .muse file, containing only a YouTube widget. Please follow these instructions to share this file with us: https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-8652

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responses.

Günter Heißenbüttel in my opinionPreran​ is saying, that he doesn't think the Youtube widget in Muse is responsive yet. So he thinks it is NOT responsive right? And then you said that these widgets are responsive. I'm confused now.

However, I was preparing my muse file to share with you so I put few objects above muse youtube widget and few under to simulate my actual homepage situation. Then I tried responsive behavor again at this new example site and it worked the way I want it to work. So I take those objects and copied them back to my project, tried their behave and nope. Same problem as always. The thing is, that doing that muse file and sharing won't solve anything, because it worked there but the problem is appearing in my real project. What to do now?

I'll try to describe content situation more what is not working right. I've got headline, then there is white rectangle covering video widget from the top because of unwanted black stripe in the video. The the widget. Then another rectangle covering bottom of the widget because of black space in video. Next object is another text under. The Major problem is with these ractangles. They are jumping around as I scale browser and end up in really unpropriate position when hit actual tablet resolutions. I noticed there could be problem with responsive behavor when cover one object over another, but in that muse file I was preparing to share it worked without problem. Ractangles holded their position great on the top and also at the bottom of the widget to cover those awful black stripes in video.

Maybe this is too coplicated to understand. I won't be mad at you, if could not help me. And if this helped to understand more, what's going on wrong and you have some sugestions what to do next I'd be happy to cooperate.

Thank you.

Günter Heißenbüttel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And why don’t you give us a small(!) .muse file containing only one video widget plus the rectangles, you are talking about,  to have a look at – just as I asked for in post 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because as I said, when I do it, it's not causing same problem as in my actual project. Now it's doing something else I was facing first time. It's not pushed down as the higher object raise their height according to descreasing browser width. So ok, I'll send you demonstration file, but I'm really not sure, if it's going to cause same issues I'm fighting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines