• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

YouTube widget don't show the miniature/start image

New Here ,
Feb 25, 2020 Feb 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the YouTube widget to get videos to my website. Now it seems that I cannot get the YouTube miniature/start image to show.

Is it a change made in YouTube that is causing this problem? And since Muse is no longer updated, does that mean that the widget won't work anymore?

TOPICS
Widget

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Sorry, my fault!

You can’t drag the widets into the library, but select it and click onto the "Add"-icon. Watch this screencast:

Hope, this helps! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works fine here without any restriction.

• Did you control your viideo’s settings at YouTune?
  • Did you try a different video?
  • What is shown, when you try to use the widget’s preselected vidoe?
  • What happens, of you place the widget onto a newly created .muse document without any other elements?

You may also try to use YouTube own embed code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strange!

When I tried to change properties on my videos that does work, in the widget window, Muse tried to get the miniature but couldn't find it.

I get the message "Kan inte generera miniatyrbild": "Can't generate miniature" in Swedish. Which tells me that the issue must be within YouTube, since Muse don't speak Swedish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I found the problem. All my Social widgets are gone including the YouTube widget.

That's why the site works but not the editing.

I will try to get those widgets back somehow. (How is it possible for them to disappear?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe that one helps:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFph9rD78qo  It is not done with the Muses own widget for youtube videos, Maybe that helps?

Kind Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that works. I can embed it into Muse and the miniature is there. So the issue may still be in the widget. This is very strange.

Maybe I'll just embed my videos this way and skip the widget...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not strange. The latest version of Muse doesn’t install the social widgets any more.

Here you can download a .muse document including these widgets: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y4jzv9u4lqly0c/Social_Widgets.muse?dl=1 

Download the file and put the widgets into your own library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot for the file, but sorry for not get it all right. Where do I put this file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Open the file in Muse.
  2. Open you "Library" panel in Muse (not the Widget Library, not the CC Librar, but the "Library")
  3. Drag every widget from the document into the library.
  4. You you have all these social widget at hand again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just use the Muse widgets,. They are very comfortable to use and responsive "out of the box", what the YouTube code snippet isn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Günter,

I opened the muse-file and opened up the Home-page, where I found all the widgets. But when I tried to drag them into the Library it didn't work. It just showed a circle with a backslash: "not allowed to do that"-sign. What am I doing wrong? With your expertise I think I'm near the solution, though 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, my fault!

You can’t drag the widets into the library, but select it and click onto the "Add"-icon. Watch this screencast:

Hope, this helps! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Maybe I'll just embed my videos this way and skip the widget..."

Yes, that's a very good plan. 

Adobe removed the social widget for a reason.  If they wanted you to use it, they would not have gone to so much trouble to remove it.

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines