Highlighted

android 8 oreo beta - phonegap app stopped working

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi;

so my phonegap app is launching but not 'starting' after the upgrade to oreo beta. I see the splash screen and then a blank screen after that...

I am not sure yet if this is a phonegap or my JS code issue. needless to say my app runs perfectly on android 7.1.1 and ios

where do you propose I start? anyone else suffering this issue?

note that I am using cli 6.5.0 (did not upgrade yet to 7)

your comments are appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

android 8 oreo beta - phonegap app stopped working

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi;

so my phonegap app is launching but not 'starting' after the upgrade to oreo beta. I see the splash screen and then a blank screen after that...

I am not sure yet if this is a phonegap or my JS code issue. needless to say my app runs perfectly on android 7.1.1 and ios

where do you propose I start? anyone else suffering this issue?

note that I am using cli 6.5.0 (did not upgrade yet to 7)

your comments are appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using Chrome remote debugging to look for javascript errors on your app.

Debugging | PhoneGap Docs

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so I have built my app with the debug option on. and used weinre to see what going on.

there are no JS errors, nothing is written to console.

my index html just has all my import (see picture) and an empty body (when I hover over it it blinks in the app so weinre is working)

any idea whats going on? anything changed maybe in the permissions? or the way PGB config is done with relation to oreo?

cordova.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious -- can you kickstart your app manually by executing some JS? Maybe that would generate visible errors, or if it started up would point us to where the problem might be.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing the same issue as well. Our mobile app, built with PhoneGap cli 6.2 downloads to a device running Android Oreo Beta, but the app is stuck for awhile at the splash screen, and it goes into a blank (black) screen. Meanwhile we can load our app in a web browser without any errors on the console.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Ext.env.Browser constructor and change/remove this code

if (userAgent.match(/OPR/)) {

browserName = 'Opera';

browserMatch = userAgent.match(/OPR\/(\d+.\d+)/);

browserVersion = new Ext.Version(browserMatch[1]);

}

Chrome on Android 8 has new userAgent string with 'OPR' keyword

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we expect a new cordova Android platform version soon?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our case updating npm bowser  package to 1.7.3 solved the issue

Android 8, Chrome 60 detection bug · Issue #193 · lancedikson/bowser · GitHub

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first of all I would like to thank everyone for helping with this.

I would not know what I would do without the community.

eventually I replaced the code above with:

if (userAgent.match(/OPR/)) {

browserName = 'ChromeMobile';

}

so that every time the framework thinks its dealing with opera (not possible with my app as its just native android) it will revert to chromemobile.

thanks again everyone.

BTW, what to you thikn about google's user-agent change. I mean, there must be other frameworks who suffered the same breakage.

I think they should have been more careful...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, where to find this class. which file is it located?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is Shirley from China. I met the same issue with you about the blank screen of the phonegap app in Android 8. I was wondering have you found the root cause and fixed this issue? If you have, would you please share your method? Many Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can see exactly what I did in the post above you...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using the splash screen plugin, this may be the reason while your app is crashing. You will need to remove this plugin from your app to get it working.

Also, remove your current Android platform after uninstalling the plugin and upgrade to the latest using:

cordova platform add android@latest

Your app should work unless there are other plugins stopping it from working which you can discover by isolating them one after the other until you find the defaulting plugin.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines