Phonegap paid plans?

Hello,

My company needs to have multiple private apps in Phonegap.

As I heard, a free version only supports 1 private app, whereas paid plan can have multiple apps.

However, I can't find any official information from the Phonegap pages.

Does anyone know where I can get the information for the paid plans?

Thank you,

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

Phonegap paid plans?

Hello,

My company needs to have multiple private apps in Phonegap.

As I heard, a free version only supports 1 private app, whereas paid plan can have multiple apps.

However, I can't find any official information from the Phonegap pages.

Does anyone know where I can get the information for the paid plans?

Thank you,

View all replies

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn More

This is the word from an Adobe support rep.  Phonegap and PGB are in maintenance mode. 

image.png

8 Replies

Re: Phonegap paid plans?

FYI, my company is in Canada.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

I have just spent a frustrating amount of time in a chat with Adobe Live Support — and they really don't know what's going on.

Phonegap is directing folk to Adobe Products to upgrade their plans — but Adobe Products does not list Phonegap as one of their products.

Live Support is providing links to Phonegap support page, which just takes you round in a circle.

The upgrade options were still there in March (when I set up an account for a client) — but have since disappeared.  I'm assuming Phonegap accounts are being rolled into a more expensive Individual/Business package, which I don't want as this is the only Adobe product I'm using at present.

I'm now looking at alternatives to Phonegap, as I have several jobs on the go, that I don't want to have delete and set up a new project with different signing keys for every time I need to roll out a version for testing with clients.

Navneet on Live Support has said he'll assign someone to answer the open questions about upgrading PhoneGap on the forum as soon as possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

View all replies

4 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Seriously, has anyone had any progress with this?

I am facing this same issue. I cancelled my (working) paid plan for my previous company and now I have not been able to buy new plan for my new company. I have been forced to use the single free project for everything for weeks now.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Following further investigation, the ONLY way to get a paid PhoneGap developer account now is to have a paid Creative Cloud account.

I've verified this one of our client's who has an existing CC account, and they can have multiple projects on PhoneGap set up on this account.

However, Adobe support cannot tell me which type of CC account I require — PhoneGap is not listed anywhere on the Adobe site when it comes to upgrading your account.  Our business doesn't need or use any other Adobe software, and we object to being held ransom to pay for features we don't need and won't use to gain access to something that was previously available as a standalone option.  Especially as Adobe has just announced plans to double their monthly subscription costs.

Also — as this forum clearly highlights — there is no real support coming from PhoneGap or Adobe for resolving issues with their platform, so as a business, we've abandoned ship, and are rebuilding Apps now, on a more supported platform, so that we can launch these for our clients.

Adobe has, as a result, lost us as a customer and we've now opted for Ionic/Angular — which also uses Cordova plugins, so a pretty similar environment.  We also looked at Google's Flutter, which has a number of clever features that may be more suitable for some developers.  Both are completely free to develop on, depending on how you set things up.

We're currently rebuilding a client App to get launched ASAP using this new platform, at our cost, and as such, we'll not be recommending PhoneGap to any of our peers.

View all replies

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, May 13, 2019

If you are serious about using PhoneGap/Cordova as part of your solution, the smartest option would be to set up your own build environment. I would no longer recommend using PhoneGap Build as your app creation solution.

View all replies

1 Like

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Why adobe stop supporting phone gap build?

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

Adobe Community Professional, Jul 29, 2019

Would guess the cost vs. benefit would be why. But that is just a guess.

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines

This is the word from an Adobe support rep.  Phonegap and PGB are in maintenance mode. 

image.png

View all replies

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines