• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

after sharing file, cloud auto save is destructive

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't be the only person who creates a file, formally saves it (i.e. handout front), then begins to alter it in order to reuse certain elements with the design while planning to formally save the changes under a different name once finished (i.e. handout back). Although I saved the file to my computer originally, I shared the file with another person via the cloud. Once that happened, every time I saved my file (ctrl + S), it saved to the cloud version rather than my harddrive without my knowledge. After saving the final work to the first design (using ctrl + S), I altered the design then "saved as" to my computer under a different name (ctrl + Shift + S). Now my first design is gone, written over by some sort of auto save on the cloud and there is no way to get back to the original version. Quit forcing people to use the cloud, some professionals want to keep their files on their own harddrives. If you want to give us the ability to share a file via the Blue Share button, don't make photoshop save to a cloud version instead of the hard drive. If saved to a hard drive, it should keep saving to the hard drive. Auto saves should not be destructive, only formal saves.

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @floydthepinkone,

Sorry for the trouble working with your cloud documents. Do any previous versions of the file show up in the Version History Panel (Window > Version History)?

You should be able to select and revert to a previous version of the cloud document and regain previous edits you may have done.

Let us know how that goes.

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you this worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines