• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: No AI feature with new update

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to the new beta version for PS, 24.6.0. (with AI)
I got the new UI but it lacks the AI portion (or option) in the menu bar, or anywhere else.
Is there a minimum hardware requirement that I need? I might have missed the minimum requirements.
I am running Apple iMac Monterey 12.6.6. (Late 2015 build).
I am providing a screen shot of the UI I have available to me at this moment.
Thanks for any help you could provide.

IMG_6403.JPG

 

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

UPDATE: Hi everyone. For those of you having issues finding the new Generative Fill feature, make sure you have the latest beta version, Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64

Please see this thread for any other clarrification:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/upgrade-your-copy-of-photoshop-beta-to-version-25-or-higher/td-p/13986957

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 441 Replies 441
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @randoo53 to activate the Generative Fill functionality you need to make a selection first, then the contextual menu bar will change to show you the options/workflow.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/generative-fill-in-photoshop-beta/td-p/138...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cory.
I tried following your instructions but I am still failing to see the option?
My screen shot is included.
I selected the enlarged the canvas area, selected the image and then inverted the selection to where both (white) sides were selected. Shouldn't I get the Generative fill option on the menu bar at this point or did I screw up a step somewhere?
Thanks for the quick response too. I appreciate it.

IMG_6404.JPG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the update @randoo53 

Let's go through this and make sure you are not missing anything:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/generative-fill.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave it a shot, Cory but still no luck.
To be safe, I went back to my Creative Cloud account to make double sure I had the PS Beta (it says it is installed). I then tried following the video, which was clear and concise but my options are still not aligning with the video.  When I created a selection area, I believe I should have seen a change in the menu bar but I did not, nor was I able to: right click to get to it, nor was it available to me via the Edit menu on the top bar.
Should I uninstall and re-install...juuust in case there was a snafu with the installation process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2023 May 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. Try this.  Exit photoshop.  Go to creative cloud app. Then click open PS Beta.  It will open photoshop. Then open a photo and make a selection. Generative fill tab will show up:).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also encountering the same issue, and I believe I have all the correct things installed, and am following the right steps. I think this is a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, went through the steps and nothing 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue, and have found a couple of posts on the community with the answer that worked for me. If your generative fill button is greyed out, the thing that is missing is your date of birth! Adobe states that we must be over 18 to use the generative feature. So, for those of you that are experiencing a greyed out "generative fill" icon you need to enter your date of birth through your account settings, on Behance! For me, that was it! Once I did that it worked fine. No need to uninstall & reinstall. Hole this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHERE EXACTLY DO I HAVE TO PUT IN THE DATE OF BIRTH IN BEHANCE???!! There's no option! Please show step-by-step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a way to do this either! followed everyone's instructions but i can't find my birthdate thing in behance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today, Photoshop updated to 24.6.0 20230615.r.573 15cc86e x64 but there is no Generative AI option, regardless of whether a selection is made or not.

The new options bar appears under the image, but it only has Content Aware Fill in the drop down menu.

Running Windows 10, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA 2080Ti GPU, Intel i9-11900 CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2023 Jul 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded the latest version and generative fill still doesn't work 

Tn31050215urav_0-1689225545995.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: Hi everyone. For those of you having issues finding the new Generative Fill feature, make sure you have the latest beta version, Adobe Photoshop Version: 25.0.0 20230801.m.2265 3a00623 x64

Please see this thread for any other clarrification:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-beta-discussions/upgrade-your-copy-of-photoshop-beta-to-ver...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the latest version, no Generative fill avaliable. It even directs me from Whats new screen to "download PS"

Matja30017808jcee_0-1684849240498.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Cory.
I definitely have 24.6 (after verifying just to be sure) running on my app.
I thought I would show you where I just created a general selection box and my menu bar did not change. (screen shot)
I will now delete the app and do a reinstall just to be on the safe side and will let you know the results directly.

IMG_6405.JPG

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% latest version here also. The amount of people saying this isn't showing is a clear indicator that it isn't there, surely?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Context menu for generative fill is not appearing after selection. Triple checked, had v24.6.0.  installed. Uninstalled it now and waiting for reinstall.

will let you know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have performed a reinstall, checked it is the correct version, and it still isn't showing. This is, without a doubt, missing from the version we have. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, for those of you with this issue, please delete the beta app, reboot your system and then download the beta app again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it! I uninstalled the beta, rebooted the system, and reinstalled the beta PS. It works now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you uninstall the beta? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PURDIESMITH in CCD you can select the app and the three dots to select Uninstall

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 9.16.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I don't have the 24.6  Beta version available in CC? Is it region specific? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines