Exit

P: Generated images violate user guidelines

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bunny.png

image (1).png

So as you can see, it's a PG-13 relatively inoffensive image of a woman in a bunny outfit. The top worked fine, and I was able to complete the top ear, which is cool. When I tried to extend the bottom with generative fill, though, I got this warning. They're just a pair of legs wearing stockings, and I wanted to extend it.

It feels like a false flag - though I could be wrong? I find myself thinking it would do the same for women in swimsuits.

Figured I'd share here.

Bug Started Locked
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Dear Community,

On November 7th, 2023, the Firefly for Photoshop service was updated and improved for this issue. You should encounter fewer guideline errors when working on or near skin-tone areas that do not violate the community guidelines.

While the improvement is a big step in the right direction, we are continuing to explore new ways to minimize false-positives. Please continue to give us feedback on this new forum thread and also report false violation errors in the application.
Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 1379 Replies 1379
1,378 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sending this image and error to the team to investigate

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its pretty much worded flawlesly on everything else. Very impressive. Just this one pic 🙂  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo of a group of people playing soccer (fully clothed!). One of the fingers looks warped from AI gen. I select the finger with the lasso tool, press Generative Fill, and then receive a warning that the Generative Images were removed because they violate user guidelines.

I think your moderation bot needs a lesson on hands and fingers.

It also doesn't like male biceps - man fully clothed (track pants, tank top) but bicep was cropped on the side of the image. Tried Generative Fill and received the same error, violation of user guidelines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll definitely send you some screenshots because these violation errors are not stop!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GordonShock curious what happens if you use the Remove Tool, either in beta or in the new Ps release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert Oh the remove tool is fine, but after experimenting with this new fill, I can tell you they are leagues apart. Still, I found that one complements the other quite well if need be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert It even happens to your Adobe colleagues. It seems Firefly just dosn't like pretty women 😉
I saw it yesterday as I watched the second half of the 

"Designing with Adobe Firefly & Photoshop | Adobe Live" video:

https://www.youtube.com/live/GvCUecQjEmQ?feature=share&t=17117

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched a video demo with Aaron Nace who created some amazing fills with Generative fill. I can't get anywhere near that level of result? It even suggested my attempt was illegal assuming it was some kind of adult content. Very odd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an error message saying:

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 11.44.44 AM.png

I'm just trying to fill a spot on a pretty basic photo. 

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 11.46.27 AM.png

this feels like a bug that i hope gets fixed soon. 

Thanks! 

meghan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the generated images were removed because they violate the user guidelines  when i use generitive fii in photoshop beta.the images are of ladies playing football

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These violate conflicts has to be updated, when you can´t even remove a background detail with generative fill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious what happens @Matias Larhag if you expand you selection, not so tight to the subjects in the background, do you still get the error? Testing on your image we were able to get three options with the third looking the best.

Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 12.56.48 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting a false posive for violating community guidline for "Large elk with larg antlers".

The error keeps saying "The image was removed becuase it viloates use guidlines"

I can use the same selection with "A cow" and it works, but "Large elk with larg antlers" triggers it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. With pictures with people fully clothed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm testing the beta version of the Content-Aware Fill tool. When I tried to use the tool on a picture of a flower (an image I own), the system flagged it and stopped the action, pointing me to the Adobe Generative AI Beta User Guidelines.

I don't believe I'm violating any of the rules. Could you help me understand why this is happening and how to fix it?

Thank you,

Jesse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like it was developed by the facebook bots 😅😅😅

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just decided to try generative Ai for the first time and I wanted it to remove an ugly grey section of wall in the photo and hopefully extend the wall and floor tiles to fill that section. I don't know what's it's coming up with that is violating user guidelines but I haven't typed anything into the box and I wouldn't have thought there was anything offensive in my photo! 

PS version 24.6.0 on Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally got mine working. Impressed with generating woodland & grass, but oh dear, animals & birds are way too large and artifical looking at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too keep getting random "Violates user guidelines" errors when trying to expand the edges of photos. This happens even when there is nothing in the photo but scenery! Is there any way to report these errors to Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Nicholas3002874139el I wouldn't call it "excessive". I believe Adobe is trying to create a professional level solution that prevents misuse. The two examples you give are perfect examples of why the restrictions are in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you generate, a green box appears at the top of your workspace. Press
the thumbs down and tell them what's gone wrong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nicholas3002874139el

Adobe is taking an ethical approach to artificial intelligence, which makes me proud to be a volunteer for them.

https://www.adobe.com/about-adobe/aiethics.html

"Generative AI is the next step in the decade we’ve put into developing Adobe Sensei. As we harness its power across our cloud technologies, we’re more committed than ever to thoughtful, responsible development."

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, even with a similar photo 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even without a prompt, I am getting violation errors. The image is of a little girl with yellow balloons. The prompt is empty. I am trying to get rid of some graphics printed on the balloons. I've successfully used the tool on this exact image many times, but now it keeps erroring when I try. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Using the Generative Fill Option on skin, in areas such as elbows and sometimes shoulders "go agaist community guidelines". It makes no sense and seems like a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate