• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: PS Beta 24.6 not available in CC; stuck at 24.5

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see plenty of mentions of no/disabled Generative Fill option, but few that are result of being stuck on version 24.5 ...

Im on Mac OS Ventura, connected to Adobe via MS Teams and it seems im stuck at 24.5.

I've uninstalled Beta, restarted, and reinstalled Beta twice, both resulted in 24.5 installs. I tried the "Check for updates" option a couple times, but 24.6 didnt come up. I uninstalled again, updated stable PS, restarted, and did a few more "Check for updates" rounds, but 24.6 is still not an option.

- Is the feature simply not rolled out universally yet?

- Or maybe this something our IT crew needs to allow first?

- Is there a direct link to install this particular version?

Cheers.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

The message that Kevin sent me above says that the Adobe Admin setting "Make updates available 30 days after release" needs to be turned OFF.  This may be counterintuitive for admins, that turning OFF a "make updates available" setting makes updates available sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate
90 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JMillsCG we cannot provide the link because some IT managed customers have chosen to block the beta release intentionally while they review internally. If you IT was able to provide you with a DMG, that tells me they have something misconfigured in their Admin Console preventing you from seeing the beta as available. They should file a ticket or start a chat with Adobe in the Support tab in the Admin Console to resolve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That resolved the issue, Kevin!  

Funnily enough, even after I sent your link to our IT people, they didn't realize what needed to change, because the image in the link had "Make updates available 30 days after release" turned ON, showing the situation before it is fixed, rather than after, and they didn't read the text closely.  I had to send them a second message saying they needed to turn that "make available" option OFF in order to get new betas right away!!  They had misinterpreted what that option meant, which I think is easy to do.  I'll bet this is the source of a lot of problems people are having!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that the language in the Adminstrator Console be changed to something like, "Do not make updates available until 30 days after release."  This makes it clear this is preventing something, not allowing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Cory, i am also not finding the latest version 24.6 on CCD, it shows only the 24.5 and i am under an edu account as an employee, can you help please !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Said30315010afua have you contacted your IT admin to make sure they are allowing this to show?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Said30315010afua your IT admin has to not only allow access to the beta but also change the setting to allow access within 30 days of release. Otherwise there is a built in 30 day delay before new versions appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download the AI Beta version, but when i click the "install" button, nothing happens. Any thoughts on this?

{Title edited by Moderator}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jaime303614800xsd 

Thanks for highlighting this issue. Let's try to fix this.

Does this also happen with other apps if you try to download it? Do you have a working internet connection, or have you tried using an alternate network connection?

Try signing out from the Creative Cloud Desktop App and login.

We're here to help, just need some info.

Best,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Beta

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and, yes I can download other adobe apps but when I click "Try the Photoshop (beta) app" nothing happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @amandar98330028 go to your Creative Cloud desktop app and open it. While in the window hit Opt+Cmd+R to reset the connection. It will also initiate any updates to Creative Cloud if applicable. Once reset, try clicking the install button on the beta apps section again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@amandar98330028 to be clear - are you trying to install using the beta apps found here?

Screenshot 2023-05-31 at 8.49.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see the link for beta apps as your screenshot shows. I am now thinking it is a setting that needs changing from my admin for the account. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @amandar98330028 correct - if you are in a managed account like enterprise, education or teams, your Admin has to allow Beta apps access and turn off a 30-day restriction preventing users from seeing new releases. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! I will follow up with them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate