• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PShop Beta breaks Wacom appication presets for other versions of PShop.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS 12.5.1
Intuos PTH-860
Intous driver 6.3.46-1

PhotoShop Beta v23.5.0

Photoshop 2022 v23.5.0

Photoshop 2021 v22.5.9

Photoshop 2020 v21.2.12

I use wacom expresskey presets for photoshop 2022 (and PS 2020).

After installing photoshop Beta, Wacom uses Photoshop Beta expresskey settings for all versions of photoshop I have. Regardless of my previously saved wacom settings.

Uninstalling PS Beta has not restored wacom expresskey preset functionality for any version of photoshop I have.

Steps.

1: on  a Mac machine that has never had Photoshop beta installed. (even if PS Beta has been uninstalled)

2: Launch PS 2022.

3:  (see attached screen grab) Create a wacom  Express key preset for Photoshop 2022. Change some settings and tick "Show Express View".

3: Bring PS 2022 to the foreground.

4: Lightly touch a Wacom express key.

Expected Result:

on-screen "express key view" shows the expresskeys labeled with the settings you just saved for PS 2022.

5: Close PS 2022

6: Launch PS Beta.

7: Create wacom  Express key preset for Photoshop Beta (but with different settings)

8: Close PS Beta

____bug1____

5: Launch PS 2022 again and bring it to the foreground.

6: Lightly touch a Wacom express key.

Expected result:
On-screen "express key view" still shows the expresskeys labeled with settings you saved for PS 2022.

Actual results:

On-screen "express key view" incorrectly shows the expresskeys labeled with the settings you saved for PS Beta. The PS 2022 preset is ignored.

____bug2____

7: Delete the PhotoshopBeta express keypreset.

9: Use the unistaller to remove PS Beta.

8: Launch PS 2022 and bring it back to the foreground.

9: Lightly touch a Wacom express key.

Expected result:
The on-screen "express key view" shows the keys labeled with the settings you save for PS 2022.

Actual results:

The on-screen "express key view" incorrectly shows the keys labeled with the settings for "All Other" applications. The PS 2022 preset is still ignored.

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac OS 12.5.1

Wacom Intuos PTH-860

Wacom Intous driver 6.3.46-1
PhotoShop Beta v23.5.0
Photoshop 2022 v23.5.0
Photoshop 2021 v22.5.9
Photoshop 2020 v21.2.12

I use wacom expresskey presets for photoshop 2022 (and PS 2020).
After installing photoshop Beta, Wacom uses Photoshop Beta expresskey settings for all versions of photoshop I have. Regardless of my previously saved wacom settings.
Uninstalling PS Beta has not restored wacom expresskey preset functionality for any version of photoshop I have.

Steps.
1: on  a Mac machine that has never had Photoshop beta installed. (even if PS Beta has been uninstalled)
2: Launch PS 2022.
3:  Create a wacom  Express key preset for Photoshop 2022. (see attached screen grab)
Change some settings and tick "Show Express View".
3: Bring PS 2022 to the foreground.
4: Lightly touch a Wacom express key.

Expected Result:
on-screen "express key view" shows the expresskeys labeled with the settings you just saved for PS 2022.

5: Close PS 2022
6: Launch PS Beta.
7: Create wacom  Express key preset for Photoshop Beta (but with different settings)
8: Close PS Beta

____bug1____

5: Launch PS 2022 again and bring it to the foreground.
6: Lightly touch a Wacom express key.
Expected result: 
On-screen "express key view" still shows the expresskeys labeled with settings you saved for PS 2022.
Actual results: On-screen "express key view" incorrectly shows the expresskeys labeled with the settings you saved for PS Beta. The PS 2022 preset is ignored.

____bug2____
7: Delete the PhotoshopBeta express keypreset.
9: Use the uninstaller to remove PS Beta.
8: Launch PS 2022 and bring it back to the foreground.
9: Lightly touch a Wacom express key.
Expected result: 
The on-screen "express key view" shows the keys labeled with the settings you save for PS 2022.
Actual results: The on-screen "express key view" incorrectly shows the keys labeled with the settings for "All Other" applications. The PS 2022 preset is still ignored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines