• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Announcing full support for WebP in Photoshop beta

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are excited to announce that Photoshop beta now has full support for the WebP file format!

WebP files can now be opened, created, edited and saved in Photoshop beta without the need for a plug-in or preference setting. To open a WebP file, simply select and open the file in the same manner you would any other supported file or document.

In addition to open capabilities, you can now create, edit and save WebP files! This functionality is supported by Save As and Save a Copy, so once you are done editing your document, open Save As or Save a Copy and select WebP from the options provided in the file format dop-down menu.

Note that Save As only works for supported documents of certain file formats, so if you’re not seeing WebP as an option in Save As, you can always use Save a Copy. To learn more about WebP, check out our earlier announcement here.

We look forward to hearing your feedback as you try out the new WebP functionality. Please share any ways we can improve this experience!

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 3.34.12 PM.png

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is great to hear, thank you! The WebP format has grown very popular on the web, especially.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebP should be in the export, with the filesize showed. So you can see what will happen with the filesize when you choose the quality.

And about the Save As, why still BMP, IFF, JPEG2000 and TARGA? Next week it is the year 2022. Come on Adobe you have to do better then this. Give users an option to remove fileformats they will never ever use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gototheframe,

At this time we are exploring additional file formats to support and appreciate the feedback.

cheers,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can it be made part of the export dialogue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks cannon303!

Will pass your feedback over to the team as they look to improve Export!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please can there be guidance on how to convert animated WebP files to animated GIF files?

I was pleased to now be able to open an existing animated WebP file, using Photoshop 23.3.2 but it did not show any layers and when I saved it as a GIF, it was no longer animated. 

I am not a professional and this is the first time I have tried this, so please direct me to the support page that will enable me to develop my skill.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @David24593503x4bi ,

Frames for animation will show up in your Timeline panel. Once you have your frames setup appropriately, you can export the animated gif using Export As or Save for Web (Legacy).

Give those a try and let us know if you still have any questions!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines