• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generation of humans in Photoshop Beta Generative Fill gives weird disfigured faces and hands

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2023 Dec 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Photoshop Beta 25.4.0 on Windows 11. As a creator of crocheted and knitted clothing, I have been enjoying using generative fill to produce pictures of people wearing or using what I make. I've learned to be fairly explicit in how I want the person to look, but the distorted mangled faces and warped, many fingered hands are truly disconcerting. Your AI can generate a wooden bar with bottles of liquor perfectly, but humans come out looking like aliens from some other planet. This evening I wanted to generate a child with outstretched arms to feature a sweater I've crocheted. In this case, it gave me a beautiful little girl with one normal looking hand, which was close to the edge of the picture and didn't require fingers, along with one hand that was half the size it should have been with too many mangled fingers. Previously when trying to get an attractive woman, I had selected just the mouth and was successful asking for a "beautiful woman's smiling mouth," so I had hoped to get a good result by selecting just the hand area to request "a child's hand with one thumb and four fingers". Multiple attempts at getting it to provide just the hand were unsuccessful. In the end I had to copy the appropriate hand and paste it on the other arm. This also meant I had to crop my picture down to the end of the child's hand, since it had no fingers. The attached file shows just a few of the results from my prompt. There is a similar problem with generating animals, which come out with tails or legs growing out of their foreheads, or six legs, or three legs, which I can usually hide or remove. However, when I want to create a model for clothing, I need a better result.

[Moved back to Photoshop Beta by Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you generate the images using Generative Fill in Photoshop or at https://firefly.adobe.com? And were the images generated recently? The update to Firefly Image 2 Model seems to do a better job with hands and various animals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines