• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a question about the selection (fast/more stable) option added to Beta23.5

Enthusiast ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/object-selection-very-slow-response-photosho...

I am the author of this thread. Also, Adobe staff asked me to check the selection (fast/more stable) option added to beta 23.5, so I installed it and tested it.
But no one is answering about this...

Why is that option created?
Because the crash with the Nvidia GPU was not resolved, did they create options such as 23.0.0 to 23.4.2 (GPU-Fast) / 23.5 (CPU-More Stable)?
If the crash is resolved, there is no reason for that option to be divided, right? (In 2020 and 2021, no crashes occurred, and it was fast.)

So I'd like to hear from the beta team on this.
1. Has the crash on the Nvidia GPU been resolved?
2. If it wasn't solved, I would have made GPU and CPU options because it's hard to solve...
Maybe on next release, If we use fast (gpu) option, Does this mean that the crash will occur again? (As if we've been experiencing crashes from 23.0.0 to 23.4.2)

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Employee "Yukie Takahashi" said

It could happen to all Nvidia graphics cards. A workaround is available on the current Photoshop (Beta) version from Creative Cloud Desktop > Beta apps. Make sure to use Version 23.5.0: 20220901.m.1877 or later.

We have introduced a new Preference to provide options to the users.

To access the new Preference:
Preferences > Image Processing > Toggle the Selections Processing “Faster” or “More Stable”

If you see slowness, try the "Faster" option to see if it improves the performance.

This choice in future beta seems to indicate that users with Nvidia GPUs have no choice but to run at a slow 23.5 release to escape the crash. =(
If Nvidia's crash is not fixed, I think we should state the officially recommended Radeon from the next release.
Who wants to operate at a slow speed?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current Latest Beta version is 24.0 ...
And No one told me why that option was made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jqqerry and @do260188359lhg

Hopefully you've seen Yukie's added response here? https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-object-selection-very-slow-response-photos...

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines