• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lack of Nudity in Photoshop is a losing idea

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed that Photoshop.  just like many places in AI, does not support nudity.    That's a huse mistake.  Photoshop is used in art with nudity all the time.     I am sure the root of this has to do with the AI community but i would advise Adobe to re-consider..    That are many tools now which ignore the AI community guidelines on nudity.

TOPICS
Web

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  deplorable grammar here, ( two mis-spellings)     It is a "huge" mistake to govern nudity and "there" are many tools which now support nudity.     Why are we allowing AI to govern our artistic instincts?       Come on now..    Don't restrain artists and the very basic level of using Photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sjedens This has been discussed multiple times in the forum. My question to you is if it was allowed, what would prevent someone from using this to create nude images using another person? As you stated, this is the route many AIs have taken to prevent misuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should not be responsible for governing content.   My screw driver
is not responsible for tuning my car.   If some offensive content is
created then the remedy is to turn to the courts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is widely used in educational and business settings. They've made a choice to prevent misuse/abuse and train on licensed models to prevent liability.

If you are working with nudity - there are ways around existing models in Photoshop -

1. Duplicate the layer. Hide the original Layer.
  2. Paint over the "offensive" areas covering up any triggered items. 
  3. Select and generate.
  4. Turn off the painted layer once you have your generation.

If you are trying to generate nudity - you're better off looking at other solutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your analogy is flawed. It's not the screwdriver responsible in this case. If a car manufacturer adds a feature that can intentionally cause harm both the driver and the car manufacturer would be at fault.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laughs..  No..  you're wrong.   This is the same argument as gun
control.   It is the people who make the mistakes.. not the guns.   So
adobe Photoshop is just a tool and not in any way responsible for the
impact of art.

I don't need Adobe to try and govern me in my pursuit of artistic
excellence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sjedens gun manufacturers can be sued if their product has a flaw or feature that causes harm to the user. Thats different than if the weapon is used in a crime. Not going to debate semantics with you all day - the reality is Adobe has chosen this path for thier AI. There are other options out there if your livelyhood depends on nudity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes.  You're right  Adobe has chosen a poor path for their AI and
competitors will surpass in value.

i have provided my opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines