• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Photo Shop BETA won't let me use CURVES....it switches to the Eye Dropper icon and locks up.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have latest PS in regular and BETA version on a Windows 11 PRO computer.  Regular PS still works fine and while the prevous version of BETA was fine, the latest one I just downloaded today has a problem when tring to use Curves. It changes cursor to the Eye Dropper icon and locks up the program. Only way out is with Task Manager. 

I tried rebooting and same issue....regular PS still fine but not BETA. Windows 11 Pro has all the current updates and drivers.

[Post tagged as "Desktop-Windows" by moderator since "Windows" tag does not exist here and was dropped.]

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spent a couppe of hours today figureing out the issue of the Curves tool locking up the app. I finally decided to remove the BETA version and reinstall it again. After making sure my desktop etc. was all  working....it magically went back to normal operation. Oh well....at least it is good again. Computers are wonderful but other times....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RKBerta 

I've moved your post to Photoshop Beta. 

Instead of "latest", can you give a number (Help > About)?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @RKBerta testing here with Ps beta and we are not seeing any issues.  Could you share a video of your workspace and what you are seeing?

Try resetting Prefs for the Beta:

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/ Photoshop Beta Settings (Mac Ventura)

/Users/yourname/Library/Preferences/Adobe\ Photoshop\ \(Beta\)\ Settings (Mac)
C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop (Beta)\Adobe Photoshop (Beta) Settings )Win)

Launch BETA Photoshop While Pressing The Keyboard Shortcut

With Photoshop closed, press and hold Shift+Ctrl+Alt (Win) / Shift+Command+Option (Mac) on your keyboard and then Launch Photoshop the way you normally would.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines