• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parametric filters don't work

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open parametric filters, the filter menu appears, but when I want to apply a filter to a layer, nothing happens and the control panel says that the selected layer does not contain an effect. Help solve the problem, as filters are very necessaryc61gRmIlT0k.jpg

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Daystar328087103rna,

Does an Uninstall and Reinstall of the Photoshop beta help at all here?

The reason I suggest Uninstall, is this has been an issue if the filter needs to be replaced. Ideally an Uninstall should remove the filter itself, but in the case that it doesn't it can be removed manually by deleting these two files. Delete those then reinstall if the first round doesn't work.

On MacOS:

• Delete the "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop (Beta)/Adobe Photoshop (Beta).app/Contents/PlugIns/Required/Filters/MaterialFilter.plugin" file
  • Delete the "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop (Beta)/Adobe Photoshop (Beta).app/Contents/PlugIns/Required/Filters/MaterialSuite.plugin" file

On Windows:

• Delete the "C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop (Beta)/Required/Plug-ins/Filters/MaterialFilter.plugin" file
  • Delete the "C:/Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop (Beta)/Required/Plug-ins/Filters/MaterialSuite.plugin" file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The position of your Layers Panel scroll bar indicates you have a number of layers higher up the stack that we can't see.  Are you sure none of them are hiding the layer you have selected, and the layer that the effects of the filter would be applied to.  To be 100% sure you need to either work on the uppermost layer, or add a Copy Merged layer to the top of the stack (Shift Ctrl Alt E) and apply the filter to that layer.  Or at least show us that the hidden layers have no content.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW  I have not had much of a play with the Parametric filters before, but having now put that to right, some of them are a lot of fun, and remind me of some of the Filter Forge effects.  Some are actually quite useful from an illustration point of view, like Snow, Rain, Spherical and Symmetry.

This is the many headed Wide Mouthed Mona.  Bless her little heart. 😉

image.png

The only thing I am still confused about is that being American, shouldn't it be called the ParaImperial Filter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your help, but could you clarify where to download them from after removing them from the folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines