Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Beta – "you do not have permission"

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I can see that Photoshop Beta has recently been updated to v 23.0. However, I have this message appear whenever I try to open the programme or a photoshop document on my Macbook M1(macOS, Big Sur, v 11.2.2):

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 1.07.31 PM.png

Could this be a bug from the recent update? 

Thanks for your help.

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Hi r_isabel, 

In addition to the steps mentioned by Ashutosh, I have a few suggestions for you to try.

Firstly, try the uninstall/reinstall method --- This has been useful as we've changed over to beta.

Uninstall any versions of Photoshop beta that are on your system, delete the Photoshop beta folder that is left behind after uninstallation, and then reinstall the latest version of the beta.

If that doesn't resolve it for you, then you might also consider updating your version of Big Sur th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please refer to following for fixing the permission issue :

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/required-permissions-for-photoshop0.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi r_isabel, 

In addition to the steps mentioned by Ashutosh, I have a few suggestions for you to try.

Firstly, try the uninstall/reinstall method --- This has been useful as we've changed over to beta.

Uninstall any versions of Photoshop beta that are on your system, delete the Photoshop beta folder that is left behind after uninstallation, and then reinstall the latest version of the beta.

If that doesn't resolve it for you, then you might also consider updating your version of Big Sur that is on the system. Looks like current is 11.6.

Give those workflows a go and let me know if you're back up and running. 

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh.Nigam and Pete.Green,

I could see that I had permission to open the programme, so I went ahead and uninstalled/reinstalled Photoshop Beta. I managed to open the programme with no issues.

Thanks for your advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Glad you're up and running now! Thanks for letting us know!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a Photoshop Beta tester for some considerable time now.  Only today, when I attempt to use the software I get an error message 'We can't verify your subscrition status'.  I am able to use the current production version of Photoshop with no issues.  The internet connection has no issues whatsoever.  I have a current montly subscription.

I have closed the beta version and restarted it many times also logged out of Adobe and back 

in again, same result.

Regards

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James, 

Thanks for checking in. Looks like you've been a part of prerelease for some time and were part of the change over to Beta.

To resolve this, I recommend that you uninstall the prerelease/beta builds of Photoshop that are on your system, delete the Photoshop beta folder, and then reinstall it. 

Give that workflow a go and let me know if you're back up and running. 

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pete

Thanks for getting back to me, great news, it is now working again after a re-install.

Thanks

James

ps. Did you know when the new neural 'face clean' is due for beta release.  I'm really looking forward to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2023 Jun 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

هل يشتغل تطبيق بيتا فوتوشوب على الهاتف

ROSI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines