• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop doesn't close well

Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I close PS it stays active in the background (using around 12% CPU). I can't open PS again until I use the task manager to shut down PS. Running on Windows 10.

TOPICS
Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Positivo,

Been trying to reproduce this one on my Win10 system and haven't been able to just yet.

Can you update to the latest beta version and let me know if this is still an issue for you?

Current version is: Adobe Photoshop Version: 23.3.0 20220216.m.1661

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Positivo53,

Thanks for the report on closing Photoshop and having it stick around a bit too long in the task manager. 

Curious if this is something you're only experiencing when using the Photoshop Beta? Or do you experience this with Photoshop desktop as well?

It's worth noting that while Photoshop is closing, Photoshop starts to give you back the RAM it had set aside for its processes. 

This could also be preferences related, and perhaps resetting Photoshop's preferences will help with closing more successfuly. Scroll down about halfway of this article for methods for resetting the preferences: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know how it goes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2022 Apr 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why this answer is splitted from original Photoshop doesn't close well thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure how that happened, but thanks for the heads up @Kukurykus ! Have merged it in here now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines