• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registry for Beta apps gets modified after Minor app installation.

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed beta apps (Photoshop Beta) from the creative cloud and when i try installing the minor version of the same app, the application path in the registry gets override from Beta to Minor. I need to run Minor version and Beta apps parallely. Please help me to find the application path for the beta apps which we need to open it programatically.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mikel69560772

Can you provide more info on how this registry change affects you?

You should be able to have both Photoshop 23.4.2 and Photoshop beta 23.5 installed simultaneously.

Is this not working for you?

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i can able to have both PS 23.4.2 & beta 23.5 simultaneously. But my concern is the path in the registry gets modified when i install minor versions. It replaces the application path of beta apps( Image attached below for reference). I am in need of application path of beta apps to open it programatically not manually. 

Application path in Beta.png gets replaced by path in Minor.png after installing minor version (23.4.2).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, so on Windows, the file association is broken? 

Is this affecting you when you open .PSD files? And/or other file types?

There are a few ways to adjust this in Windows outlined in this document, see File type associations not working for Creative Cloud apps.

Let me know if that helps. 

Regards,

PG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines