• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show Off Your Generative Fill Creations from Photoshop beta

Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The team cannot wait to see what you've created with this thrilling, new, beta technology!
Photo & Editing Credit: Russell Preston BrownPhoto & Editing Credit: Russell Preston Brown

This is the FUN sharing post.
We've been having such a blast exprimenting and playing for the past few months, it's so exciting to have you join in the joy!

Show off those creations! Bonus if you also upload the orignal image and the prompts.
Ready! Set! GO!
Thank you for trying out Photoshop (beta).

P.S. Provide Feedback and help shape Generative Fill: If you would like to provide feedback on the overall experience, report any bugs, or suggest new features please let us know in the beta community announcement.

If you prefer Discord, you can find us there too!

TOPICS
Desktop-macOS , Desktop-Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Original-- Los Alamos NM.Original-- Los Alamos NM.entered "river with reflections"entered "river with reflections"famous rocks in from star trek.  There is no lake there.famous rocks in from star trek. There is no lake there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

100% Generative filling without my assistance and corrections - really cool and it's already enough for Insta 🙂 - still a lot to do, but right now it will definitely speed up some parts of the work. KEEP IT UP. 

20230528_135627_beta.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fun!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before:IMG_1663 original.jpg

After:

IMG_1663 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My prompt was simply "Black leather Jacket."

abe2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a first pass at doing an infinite pull out.

Can't stop.  Won't stop.Can't stop. Won't stop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before:

Before.jpg

After:

After.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as i'm (currently) way more interested in image replacement and supplement usages of photoshops AI generative fill tool than to any (let's say) »creative« applications ;-), i find this a great example! thumbs up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just typing random song titles, some of which resulted in images that went against guidelines like Michale Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" but Sade's "Your love is king" resulted in something rather nightmarish...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh My Ged!  If anyone questions that Ai is crap with hands and faces, show them this image. Yep, that'll give you nightmares all right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abe on a day off...Abe on a day off...A. Einstein of a day off....A. Einstein of a day off....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adrijana - quick image enhancement copy.jpgI did a quick try, how well will Generated Fill change the colour of model's top from pink into black  -good work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 02, 2023 Jun 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I think I'm being really creative.... this might be one of those times.   No, I'm not sure about the text- but I'm hungry and thinking "Man a  couple of eggs would go down good right now...."

Often times I will enter "black leather jacket" and it produces a different black leather jacket each time.

This time I entered stuff like "black rockabilly jacket" or "black sweater" to get what you see here. 

2023-06-02_045357.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My son looked so cute and pensive in this picture from 2005, but the background was busy and annoying. I cycled through a few options and got this result using "sand and lake with out of focus trees in the background at sunset."

IMGP0777Resize.jpgIMGP0777FakeLake_72dpi.jpg

Of course, now I'm noticing a weird thing behind his right elbow, but hey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why in my version in the bar I don't get the possibility to use the Generative Fill.
Can someone help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to unistall the  Beta version then redownload and install it.   When I did that, during reinstallation I had a little pop up window for a bit about installing Genrative fill components. 

Once you get it reinstalled:

make a selection / draw a box selection , right mouse inside that selection-

The beta for right right now won't boot up other wise I would post a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3.jpg3 copy4.jpg

Arber Elezi Photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

350115569_771088764743232_8123126738912213715_n.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as a professional 360° photographer i often need to retouch panoramic images after the stitching is finished. usually, this is limited to removing the tripod and its shadow in full spheric panoramas, and sometimes some moving people.
recently i did a (beginner's) mistake i was very sorry about: during a panorama shooting i needed to swap my memory card and after this i resumed my capture at the wrong image in my series (instead of better starting over).
later in the office, the disappointment was huge as this was a place i won't come back to very soon: 2 images out of 16 were missing 😞
as the images for the panorama were taken with a wide-angle lens the hole in the panorama was pretty large and it went to the collection with failed stuff.

screenshot_before.png
when i heard about the generative fill, i tested it and then remembered this panorama. after fiddling around with the best way to fill this huge missing area in the panorama i ended up in using a 1024x1024 pixel square selection to iteratively fill the hole with 13 generative patches.

screenshot_after.png

hopefully, this feature will be able to handle larger resolutions in the future!
so the new generative fill literally saved this beautiful panorama from the trash can.

after this very pleasant experience i tested the generative fill with a routine task: eliminating the tripod and its shadow. i choose just the same panorama for this.

screenshot_nadir_before.png

after 10 generative fill layers, i was simply amazed about the visual quality this method provides compared to the healing brush or using the clone stamp tool. no annoying repetitive cloning patterns anymore, vivid, believable structures and lighting!

screenshot_nadir_after.png

besides all creative applications, the generative fill feature is a huge time saver and enhances the quality of professional 360° retouching significantly.
feel free to see this panorama interactively in full 16000 x 8000 pixel resolution here: https://panobu.ch/aipatchedpano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic, Thomas – thanks so much for sharing! What a terrific job it did... You would never know there used to be a hole. Really beautiful pano!

Curious, where is that exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!
indeed i'm thankful for this feature that has saved this pano for me as it's such a lovely and so impressive place. and there was such great weather and an awesome atmosphere on this day.
it's here: https://goo.gl/maps/Vv4rKJyScN6HK7S37 - going up there is a great trip. strongly recommended 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating fantastic beings with Firefly & Photoshop.
I extended the result obtained with Firefly horizontally and added an ivy on the tree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Learning more about using generative fill and how it's behaving
after the panorama i've saved from trash can with filling the hole of 2 missing images with the new generative fill (i posted it here a few days before), i tried another one.

this time it's a sloppy made handheld cylindrical pano taken with a sony a7R (36 MP) and a 50 mm lens. the unstable weather and a lot of miles left to hike made me hurry and so it's a pretty incomplete panorama with large missing parts in the cloudscape and in the foreground (we'll do this later in post ... 😄 ).

2023-06-10_14-41-44.png

as the total size of the pano is about 66k x 11k pixels the resolution limit of 1024 x 1024 pixel for the generative patches made it a bit tedious to fill in all missing parts one after another. but this step-by-step-process also allows for some control over the process as you have always 3 suggestions presented to you by the generative fill engine. another control you have is the edge where you begin to add new generated content.
some points i found out during this test:

• it's always better to have 2 (or even better 3) sides of existing content for a new 1024 x 1024 square.
  • if you've larger holes of missing edge areas start from several points/sides
  • make always sure your selection includes 10 to 50 pixel wide egdes of existing content.
  • also, make sure you're adding up content towards transparent areas. a black or white background isn't working.
  • the offered generative content doesn't have always the same image quality. sometimes i noticed less sharp suggestions. so it's recommended choose from best match and best quality.
  • for (very) large images it may be an advantage to work with a higher resolution and scale down the result.
  • in cloudscapes the generative content obviously tends to shift the hues of the blue sky in an unwanted direction. some color correction on such parts may apply.
  • in cloudscapes you can exceed the fill area limit if the structure is soft by nature.
  • the same applies in soft, out-of-focus areas in the foreground

again i was absolutely amazed about the AI generated content suggestions made based my the existing photographic content.

the result (scaled down from 66k to 48k width) can be viewed here: https://panobu.ch/drusentor

fun fact: the panorama is taken exactly on the border between austria and switzerland. can you spot the #1 border marking made in 1937? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines