• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background not completely masked out

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've imported an image of my grandson with him resting his head on a table while he sleeps. It has done a fairly good job masking out him from the background except for one small area.  (See attached.)

If you look carefully, you'll see a section of the table that should be masked out as part of the background, but instead, the app thinks it is part of the subject.

How do I fill in the table so it will be part of the mask and allow the "whimsical" part of the video to be displayed there?

TOPICS
Masking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kimhuff1701, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and providing us with a video!  

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and feedback regarding masking with us. 

Masking improvement will continuously be our priority, the team is working on resolving this. Please contact us at pscamera@adobe.com if you have further feedback you would like to share. Would you mind sharing the original photo with us? 

Your submission will be sent to the Photoshop Camera team for review. We look forward to your response.

Again, thank you for your valuable time and attention. 

Thanks! 

Jenny 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry about the delay.

Since my original post, I've been playing with the app a great deal. I really do enjoy it but I'm not a big fan of things that try to do the work for you. Don't get me wrong, I like the masking you are doing, but it will never get it perfect which is why it is important to give us the ability to fine-tune the masking.

I'm attaching the original photo you requested along with some photos I took today of my cat in our bathroom. The background is almost completely white which I thought would help with the masking.  I'm attaching the original files which were taken with your app along with the edited .mp4 files. 

I'm more than happy to help if you need more images.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kim, 

Thank you for getting back in touch with more details and providing your feedback about your experience with the masking. I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the app! We appreciate you providing more photos and including the original photos. 

I will pass along your feedback to the team for review. We’re sorry to hear you’re having a negative experience with the masking.

This information and photos you provided will be very helpful for the team to look into and the team is working hard to improve the masking.  

We have also received similar and much feedback about the ability to fine-tune the masking. Please feel free to add your vote to this feedback idea. The team is constantly reviewing ideas through the Photoshop Camera Feedback Forum here: Ability for user to refine the lens original mask

Thank you for offering your assistance, I will be sure to get back in touch with you if the team needs more images.

Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Thank you! 

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines