• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Great lens effects disappear when viewing in library

Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can be composing a picture in live camera mode and see a great "Blue Skies" lens background.  I snap the picture and then go to the PsC Studio library.  I see the image I just captured in the upper left of the grid.  When I tap the image it opens up, shows the image I just captured, but then a second later the blue skies disappear and I'm left with the un-modified image.  Somehow, the software decided that the plain room wall background should be viewed as such and the blue sky was removed.  Is there some way to adjust what the lens should perceive as appropriate for the effect. 

I'm using PsC on an iPhone 11 Pro running iOS 13.5.1

TOPICS
Bugs , Feature requests , Masking

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laser_Guy,

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to provide your details and feedback using the Blue Skies lens. 

This is by design. When in the refine screen, Photoshop Camera is using a high-quality sky masking that distinguishes the roof from the sky. Please try the Blue Skies lens when taking a photo with a real sky.

To learn more, please see the "Apply Photoshop lens effects and filters" help resources from Adobe here.

Thanks!
Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me with every lens. I find myself taking a screenshot before the background disappears and then cropping the photo. This certainly doesn't seem right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Laser_guy, 

Thank you for reaching out to us and providing us with your detailed experience using the "Blue Skies" lens for your background. 

Can you please clarify if you snapped your photo indoors and provide me with the photo you took? This is expected behavior when you use the Blue Skies lens on non-sky backgrounds. I recommend that you use your Blue Skies lens outdoors. While in capture mode, the app displays the 'Find a Sky' message in the viewfinder until a sky is detected in the moment of capture for sky shots.

Find a Sky message disappears in 3 seconds no matter a sky is detected or not.  

To learn more about lens effects, please visit:

I look forward to your response to resolve this for you. 

Thank you!

Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I want to capture what appears on my phone!

I don't want the software to show me a sky that I decide to capture and then the software subsequently decides "no, that  shouldn't go there after all."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dennis 78209, 

Thanks for your response regarding the issue you are experiencing. I am sorry to hear the troubles you experiencing.

In viewfinder, you can pick from a list of lenses, based on the subject you intend to capture, Adobe Sensie enabled content-aware recommendations help you choose the best lenses to apply from the lens carousel. You can tap the cancel (X) icon to exit the applied lens and recommendations. 

I would like to learn about your experience.

• What is it you are trying to capture? 
  • What are the steps you took?
  • Would you mind sharing screenshots and a video of your experience?

Please visit the "Edit modes in Photoshop Camera" for more details: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-camera/using/lens-effects-edit-photos.html

If you prefer, please feel free to email us all the details, questions, any additional feedback at pscamera@adobe.com 

I look forward to your response. 

Thank you! 

Jenny 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines