• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

24.0 update makes everything sluggish

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is very sluggish after the 24.0 update. I know better than to update right after release as the updates are always riddled with bugs. Why adobe is utterly incapable of releasing a properly working product is beyond me. Scrolling is now clunky and slow. The pen tool lags bigtime and doesn't show the anchor points at all. All of this worked great in the previous version (and still does) and i'm running a 3090 ti, 5900x 12 core and 128 GB 3600 CL18 ram so there are no hardware issues. The performance of the latest update should be quite embarrasing for adobe. I rely on PS to make my living, and the fact that adobe seems determined to waste my time is shameful at best. Please get your act together and start releasing products that actually work on arrival. Fix your bugs in house before releasing. Those of us paying you deserve better than what you are putting forth. Please do better adobe!!!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may help if we could see your full Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

PS2023 cannot be said to be faster than the fastest version of CC (2015.5) or the stable and sustained version (21.0.3). Obviously, improvements are needed in the future. But at least "I felt less slow" than 2021 and 2022.
Of course, each person has a different feeling and it can be a taste or a real bug. But I've never experienced what you're going through as someone who's also constantly reporting things about speed.
Works seamlessly on both the Intel 12th generation and risen 5900x desktops.

Let me write down a few things that can help you.

1. Attach your sysinfo as Adobe employee jeffrey says. I wonder why this is necessary, but when it is reported on the bug tab for the first time, it is judged based on your sysinfo.
2. Check your driver version.(Current Latest driver is 522.30 StudioDriver)
3. Go to Preferences - Technology Previews - Deactive Native Canvas Check, and Restart PS test your workflow.

4. Go to Preferences - Technology Previews - Older GPU mode (pre 2016) Check, and Restat PS.

If this doesn't solve the lag you're experiencing, it would be better to record and attach a video of what you actually feel uncomfortable with. I tried scrolling and pen tools again while writing to you, but I couldn't reproduce what you said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines