• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background Eraser Tool Error

New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating, my background eraser tool fails to remove even the simplest backgrounds. For example, if I have a simple black line drawing on a white background, even with tolerace set to 100% there is still a lot of white left behind. This used to work perfectly, effortlessly and always did a fantastic job. Is there any reason it's not doing this now? I have it set to sampling one colour and contiguous. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start by resetting the Background Eraser Tool by right clicking on the big Background Eraser icon on the left hand side of the tool options bar and clicking Reset Tool.

rest.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @JayAussie999, if the tool reset that @Jeff Arola suggests doesn't fix the issue...

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines