BUG: AppleColorEmoji not working in Photoshop CC 2022 23.2.0, Big Sur 11.2.2, or Monterrey 12.2.1

0 Votes
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App Version: Photoshop CC 2022 (23.2.0)

Platform: Mac OS, Big Sur 11.2.2 AND Monterrey (12.2.1)

Hello! First time submitting to these help forums so any feedback on post would be greatly appreciated, as well as any information as how to fix the actual bug described below:

I, on a regular basis, use AppleColorEmoji emoji in layouts by either copy-pasting emoji or inserting them using the glyph panel in Photoshop. As of today, the emoji will show up and default to EmojiOne font (as is expected), but when I switch the typeface over to AppleColorEmoji, the characters become invisible (see the video “Untitled.mov” attached). 

I imagine it is a problem with the font, and its integration within the OS, since the other emoji set shows up readily and without problem. I do not suspect the color or character or any opacity/blending/etc. settings. Has anyone else been having issues with this as of late? I know there are also spontaneous issues getting AppleColorEmoji to properly display in Photoshop (baseline cutoffs, etc.) but this is another level of inconvenience entirely.

Thanks in advance!

Josh

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say (as a reply because I don't know how to edit these posts), I haven't included information about which machine I'm using because it's happening across multiple machines I work with, on the two OSes previously mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That, and beyond the cowface emoji I am not able to type in any sort of emoji whatsoever in this font. Sorry these details are coming to me a little late!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. I cannot repro offhand. Switching between the two fonts I see both the emojione and Apple Emoji version of the cow.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try a few things after resetting your environment.
Cmd+K to open Preferences > General, and click "Reset Preferences On Quit" button. Click OK.
Quit and restart Photoshop.
Cmd+K to open Preferences > General, and open Type pane. Uncheck "Fill new type layers with placeholder text"
Create a new doc and select Type tool.
Select Apple Color Emoji in the font menu on the tool options bar.
Glyph panel should open automatically. Do you see emoji glyphs in the Glyph panel?
Click on canvas to create an insertion point for a point text layer
Double click on any glyph in the Glyph panel
Do you see the glyph on canvas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, please let me know when this started happenning. If you use previous versions of Photoshop, did it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate