• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays

0 Votes
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that recently, it seems like a bug causes my whites in some applications to be changed to bright yellow on my HDR display (the Windows 11 HDR mode is disabled).
This looks extremely hideous and makes it impossible to carry out my design, work properly!

The display I experience this with is the "Viewsonic VX3211-4K-MHD".

This bug occurs on the entire Adobe Photoshop canvas, with seemingly every color space setting. And it visibly disappears if the Photoshop window is dragged over to another screen, which has no HDR capabilities.

If you know how to fix this, please let me know as I cant work like this.
Thanks for your help and time!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assign sRGB as your display profile JUST AS A TEST: what appears on-screen for pure white? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to narrow this down to a problem with the color profile settings some HDR capable displays seem to use.
Such as the "VX3211-4K.icm" profile.
As switching to any other more common profile fixes the bug (at the cost of killing the color accuracy of the display).
However, this does not happen in other applications such as Illustrator, or XD.

So I really hope this can be fixed soon, as this didn't use to be the case. And I don't want to be forced to buy new displays because of a sudden bug like this.
I also tested this on a different installation, where I was able to reproduce the bug with the same displays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the problem is thy profile as you report, you need to create a new one. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate