Exit

Cannot export any Photoshop file

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Version 23.5.1
MacOS Monterey V 12.0.1

For months, I have not been able to "export" or "save as.." my photoshop files. The issue happens at the point when the file location window (mac Finder) needs to pop-up. For ex, I'll click "File > Export As...  > Export" then nothing happens. Same for "Save as... > Save on your computer", "Save for web..", and "Quick export"... Nothing happens and the file does not export to anywhere.

Is there a fix for this? I presume its an issue with the operating system since the finder is not opening from Photoshop.

Thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @marimba. sorry to hear this.  A couple things, does Ps have admin privilages?  Go in the system preferences in macOS, and in the privacy tab ad Photoshop to both accessibility and total access to disk, does this help?

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines