• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use or close out of Camera Raw Filter

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2023 Mar 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PHOTOSHOP - Camera Raw from the Filter menu is greyed out and it cannot be closed. The 'error' bell sounds every time I try to close it or try to go back to my workspace.

1) I read on another forum page that you have to fiddle around with Camera Raw preferences, but this cannot be done once the bug is active...

2) Escape doesn't work...

3) Waiting does open a Progress Window with a very long status bar, but the status never progresses from zero (my internet is fast and working fine)... And the cancel button on the window also does not work.

4) Quit doesn't even work.

5)So now my only option is a force quit and lose my work.

Luckily it is not a lot of work, but I would be in bad luck if I didn't by some grace recently save my work.

ABOBE PHOTOSHOP 2023

MAC OS: Monterey 12.4

PROCESSOR: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7

GRAPHICS: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

Screenshot 2023-03-06 at 14.27.37.png

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @tatyanahill here are some things to try (in order):

1. Go to Preferences/File Handling. Hold Opt(alt)+Cmd(ctrl) and click the Camera Raw Preferences button. Reset the prefs.

2. Go into Preferneces/General and uncheck "Export Clipboard". 

3. Try resetting your entire PS preferences under Preferences/General and click the reset button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for taking the time to try and help Kevin. I hope Adobe fixes the bug though. Because nothing gets you out of the window but a force quit. Potentially disastrous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@tatyanahill did any of the solutions work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have the same problems, I will leave my answer.

Nope. Unfortunately we cannot even perform any of your suggestions because the camera raw progress window freezes everything. We cannot access any buttons or anything outside the camera raw progress window, so we are obligated to force quit photoshop. It has just happened with me, I just lost a 1 hour work because of this adobe's error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2023 Nov 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you force quit, did you do as Kevin said and reset Camera Raw's preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it keep happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, could all the users affected state if that happens when opening ACR as a filter, or when opening a raw file in Photoshop, in Bridge, or exporting from Lightroom? 

Could all affected users share the contents of Photoshop's Help>System Info... menu, so that we get to know your OS, its version, the exact version of Photoshop you are running, the date of the GPU driver, etc.
If your post disappears, do not repost it, as it might need to be approved by a moderator. As an alternative you can save it to a .txt file on your computer and attach it on your answer via the forum. (attachments do not post from e-mail)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines