• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

could not complete your request because of a program error

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I am trying to open images in Photoshop - sometimes it opens, and other times -especially with recently downloaded images - I get the error "could not complete your request because of a program error" with the options to click 'ok' or 'learn how to fix this'. I have done every single suggestion on the learn how to fix this page, and am still having issues. 

I'm on a Dell G3 3579 running Microsoft Windows 10 Home. Not sure what other system information you'd need, but any advice appreciated!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First - Try restoring your preferences using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back

Next - Go to Preferences > Technology Previews... and enable "Older GPU mode (pre 2016)" - Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

If the problem still persists - Go to Preferences > Performance... and uncheck Use Graphics Processor. Restart Photoshop. Does the problem persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately these solutions did not work 😞  I feel like it has to do with the photos that have been recently downloaded. Photos that have been on my computer for years have opened just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines