Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crashes, super slow UI, broken UI, etc etc

Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feedback/Bug report page is down.. sorry for posting my flame war here..

I am an Photoshop / Adobe user for nearly 30 years and it is time to ask Adobe what exactly is going on in this "company"?
Today my Photoshop installation died, also other programs from the cloud subscription. Not the first time. Had to do research for hours in forums and it is always the same: Exactly this problem is known for years if not decades -> unfixed. Users have to help themselves, Adobe support keeps an arrogant "it is a problem of your computer/OS" attitude I know from my first day of Adobe online support.

Reinstall did not work, only a manuall remove of all settings of ALL Adobe programs and a reinstall did help (yes, my settings files are very very old, but when you develop a new version of your software you have to be sure that your new software imports old settings clean and compatible!).

During the last years I had often the problem that Photoshop started "empty" (home screen shows only grey boxes, nothing else), and sometimes tools like the marquee behaved like the would update at 2fps. All this problems came.. and disappeared after some hours, days, weeks.. no control when it happened, why. Even on different computers the same behavior.

As I said my Photoshop is now running again. But crashed now and recovered a stupid hour-old screenshot, not my primary PSD I had in work (luckily I trained myself to hit the save button very often). All settings are reset, shortcuts and workspace setup lost (good that I backed them up. As I work on 3 screens it takes some time to reconfigure everything). When I now start Photoshop the UI takes 3-5sec to react to a click. After opening a file Photoshop UI runs like normal -> The home screen is the major problem. Disable it an Photoshop starts soo much faster!

Now some, not all, text fields are broken. Photoshop asks me to update. If I say yes 3/4 of all text fields (font = San Francisco Pro regular) render italic, but not all (they are ALL copies from the first text field). But the are still set regular, so you cannot change it. Whatever you do, texts stay italic. Enter new text into these fields -> italic. Work around: Delete those, redo them, works.

Adobe, stop adding super fancy AI filters every year and such stuff! First fix basic problems of your software packages and Adobe Cloud! And stop adding lots of background services and auto start entries to my (MY!) computer!!! Stop forced install of Cinema4D! I dropped Illustrator a year ago and replaced it with Affinity Designer (privat and also for the company I work).. and currently I am really close (as my Cloud subscription ends after so many years next month) to the same with all the other Adobe terror programs! The major thing that Photoshop and some other Adobe program ahead of nearly all the other "pro" programs was stability. When I would write down the problems I and also colleages had during the last 2-3 years.. wow, just wow. As a friend said "I stay on Photoshop 21 until I have no other choice.. all the newer versions are so slow and unstable..impossible to work with"

(Version: Photoshop 23.2.0, Windows 10-64 up2date)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apprecaite the detailed and candid feedback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines