• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud welcome screen doesn't support accents?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It looks like the Adobe Photoshop, Indesign and other welcome screens do not support accents in the user's name.  See attached for example.  I'm using:

- Mac OS 12.6 in French

- Adobe Photoshop 23.5.0 installed in English (so that other people in my office, who only speak English, can use it).

It doesn't support my name, Jean-François, specifically it messes up the C cedilla.

Thank you,

Jf

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'so that other people in my office, who only speak English, can use it'

Do you have a licence that permits other people to use it?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jflemay 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert If I'm not mistaken, it is a non-Photoshop team that manages those screens, I really wish to know which team or sub-forum we should post about as many functions should be enhanced there: multiple file selection, deleting of files, creation of favorites, etc.
@Jflemay Bonjour, Jean- François. Je suppose que les préférences n'y changent rien?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jflemay ,

Do you see this after relauncing as well?

Help> System Info... will help us isolate the version of the extension that's getting loaded. 

Regards,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines