Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cutting and stamping randomly in PSD file

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2022 Apr 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

So I have this issue, I expreinced it a few times. As you can see on the picture Photoshop does this weird thing - sometimes when I copy paste an image into a PSD file it either stamps one segment of the copied image all over the layers (literally...riuns all of my layers) or cuts squares into them. I tried to roll it back, does not seems to work. It happens very randomly. 

My photoshop is not updated to the newest version, could it be the problem? Has anyone came across this type of glitch with any versions of PS?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us which operating system you have.

Which version of Photoshop?

Show us the source of your copy.

And it might help to see the Layers panel into which you are pasting.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try going to Preferences > Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. Then restart Photoshop and see if you still encounter the issue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have win10, always updated to the latest, PS was the latest for 2022, but yesterday I updated to 2023. As I never ever had any problems like this I don't know where can I find the source copy?

All the layers look the same...stamped and cut (most of the material is under NDA, the pic I posted was just an old reference so it was safe to share).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you try going to Preferences > Technology Previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. Then restart Photoshop and see if you still encounter the issue - will try this, see if it works. So far only happaned twice, but both in the past 3 weeks. PS has been updated to its latest version, maybe that was the issue (at least I hope).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines