• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Every time I use batch function to rename files, PS saves an additional photo with a diff name

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bit of an odd one. I use the batch function to resize and rename files every day. Today photoshop has started saving a copy of one of the photos (always just one, even when I'm processing hundreds of images) in a different file location to where I have designated (again, photoshop is always saving into the same folder no matter where I have it actually pointing towards), and saving it under the exact same name, regardless of what I have set as the naming convention. 

EG. I am processing 50 files in location x and asking them to be resized and renamed in the convention NAME_01 and saved in location x. 

Photoshop seems to randomly choose 1 file, save it in location y and call it DIFFERENTNAME_01. Always the same name, always the same location, always just one file. Also it's a very specific name that is quite likely to be a file name I've used in the past. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to reinstall it. 

Bit of an odd one. I use the batch function to resize and rename files every day. Today photoshop has started saving a copy of one of the photos (always just one, even when I'm processing hundreds of images) in a different file location to where I have designated (again, photoshop is always saving into the same folder no matter where I have it actually pointing towards), and saving it under the exact same name, regardless of what I have set as the naming convention. 

EG. I am processing 50 files in location x and asking them to be resized and renamed in the convention NAME_01 and saved in location x. 

Photoshop seems to randomly choose 1 file, save it in location y and call it DIFFERENTNAME_01. Always the same name, always the same location, always just one file. Also it's a very specific name that is quite likely to be a file name I've used in the past. 

By @Ciara270257893brn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already uninstalled and reinstalled. Still happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd look closely at the action this batch is running. You can't batch without an action to batch, and I bet there's a save a copy in there somewhere, with a certain file name and location recorded.

It sounds like you'd probably be better off with Image Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines