• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flick panning stuck v24.5

New Here ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just instaled v24.5 and now the hand tool (holding spacebar) is broken. everytime I use quick flick panning (using wacom), the panning stuck on the cursor. I don't know if that's a new feature but if you know how to fix it. thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @hazmit67260175 a couple things to try:

Go to Preferences/Tools and disable flick panning and overscroll - does the issue still occur?

Are you using only a mouse or do you also have a graphics tablet/pen?

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoryShubert 

As I wrote in the other thread (which this should be merged into), the problem seems to be a half second lag before the cursor releases and you can spacebar-drag again. It's fully reproducible here. It looks like a real bug to me.

If you work quickly, as this tends to be used, the cursor will stick continuously, and the drag just continues without releasing.

If you wait a brief moment before the next spacebar-drag, it works normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I need the app to work properly soon and all the new features doesn't really matter with with work flow, I decided to instal the previous version (24.4.1). And the problem dissapear. So, I can't confirm your solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too. I use space to pan all the time, so it's impossible to work in 24.5. Guess I have to try and downgrade.

Other threads about the same issue:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/24-5-hand-tool-became-unusable/idi-p/1383036...

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/sticking-pan-and-zoom/idi-p/13833779

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/hand-tool-lock-after-releasing-spaceb...

I cancelled my CC subscription a couple of years ago, since both Illustrator and Photoshop were so buggy and unstable that I couldn't use them anymore.

Now being forced to try Photoshop CC again (since CS5 and CS6 has this "click delay" bug in Windows 10 making it unusable), I see that nothing much has changed... Adobe keeps adding new bugs with every version.

I hope the competing companies will eventually push Adobe off the market, and I hope I'm still around to see it happen. It will be a day of celebration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 17, 2023 Jun 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can report the same issue over here. Panning with the space bar gets completely wonky and stuck. I'm hoping we can get a fix sometime soon once Adobe realizes this is in fact a bug and not user error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but it's not just relegated to the flick panning feature—the cursor "sticks" and refuses to let go even when selecting text. I release the mouse button after making my selection, then scoot across the screen to my Character panel to tweak some font settings and all of a sudden, my text has been selected in its entirety and the entire canvas has disappeared out of the window frame.

• I am only using a mouse; no other pointing device. My trackpad is disabled.
  • I have not changed any settings since the last version, and I'm not going to reset everything just to test something that should have been tested by Adobe—I'm not being paid to QA. Put that offer on the table, and we'll talk.
  • I am on a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Pro (build 19045.2965); Intel dual Xeon E-2276M 2.8 & 2.81GHz; 32GB RAM; Nvidia Quadro P620 4GB GDDR5.
  • No hardware changes or tweaks before or since upgrading.

Just today (June 23, 2023), I upgraded to 24.6.0 because CC was notifying me that there was an update, and as soon as I saw "bug fixes and performance improvements," I smashed the "Update" button in hopeful anticipation of getting back to normal.

But alas, this bug was apparently not among the fixes proclaimed. In the middle of a big project right now, so I will grimace and bear it and wait (semi)patiently for a resolution to this issue. After I'm through with this project, if it has not been fixed, I suppose I will have to downgrade, because this has crippled my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An update on my issue: I have since gotten a "new" (ca. 2019) laptop—a Lenovo ThinkPad with an i7 and a GeForce GTX 1050. I no longer have the flick panning / sticking cursor issue. (I never realized how much flick panning became an essential part of my workflow, but it's great to have it back... and it just feels so darn good to flick the mouse and have the document smoothly slide across the screen when zoomed in at 1600%.) Maybe Photoshop's updates demanded just a little bit more performance from the graphics card each time, until it was just too much for the card to handle? Or maybe it was just a fresh install of the entire computer... don't really know, but it's fixed now (for me). Also, I'm on Photoshop v24.6.0 at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines