• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Image Assets in Photoshop 23.1.1 not working

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Generate Image Asset function not working.
After creating and saving a new PSD file (with the correct layer names to be exported as images and Generate function enabled) nothing happens. No export folder created, no images exported. 
Moreover, if a previously working PSD file with proven ability to export is edited and saved the pictures in the export folder aren't being updated, but instead deleted. 

Going back to the previous version fixed the issue, so I suspect a problem with this specific new release. 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did a quick test of Generate > Image Assets on my end with 23.1.1 and it worked just fine. Can you tell me more about your setup? What version of Windows are you on? Where are you saving the files to (network drive, local user drive, sync folder, etc). Would you be able to provide a sample file or screen shots (mainly looking for what naming strings you're using on your layers to trigger Generator so I can try to reproduce on my end)? And just to make sure, Image Assets is checked in the File menu and Enable Generator is checked in the Preferences? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I was going quite mad because generate image assets was not working, after I hadn't used it for some time. I spent hours trying to get it to work & searching the web for answers. Anyhow I finally guessed what my problem was - I did not type the file extension on the layers I wanted exported (eg. I was leaving the layer name as "image-01" instead of "image-01.png32"). So if anyone reads this in future, just make sure the obvious things have been checked first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines