• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient causing CMYK values to change

Participant ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a file I'm preparing for print so it is in CMYK. I'm attempting to smooth out an area using the gradient tool. I have very specific CMYK values (C100 M0 Y30 K30). It's a simple gradient, one side is my CMYK colour, the other side is transparent. When I use the gradient tool on my image, the CMYK values change to C100 M27 Y43 K4. I have checked both sides of the gradient colours, even the transparent side, to make sure they both contain my specific CMYK values.

Mode is set to Normal so there is no multiplying or lightening of any kind.

I've done this in the past many times and have never run into this. Not sure if I'm missing something, or if it is a bug. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @smashkirk would it be possible to share the file with us to see if the same thing happens here?  Send to shubert@adobe.com

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the file @smashkirk not sure your workflow as I am not seeing any changes.  Could you share some screenshots of your gradient/color screens so we are doing what you are exactly? How/where are you seeing this color shift?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines