• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Brushes Lag and Other Issues After Updating to Ver. 23

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated to version 23 I started having very bad lag with my brushes and general weird things like loss of cursor control. Adobe's response was to turn off smoothing on my brushes (was already off) and also to turn off using my graphics processor. What?! My graphics processor is critical to my work in Photoshop. And I just purchased a new EGPU for $2000.

There has to be a better solution.

Help!

My system info:

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8705G CPU @ 3.10GHz, 3096 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. HNKBLi70.86A.0067.2021.0528.1339, 2021-05-28

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 24.8 GB
Total Virtual Memory 46.4 GB
Available Virtual Memory 32.8 GB

Adapter Description NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6 GB of RAM)

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Watchingthecat Agreed, with those machine specs, you shouldn't need to turn GPU off.  We've released several hot fixes recently so update to the most current version of PS (23.3.1).  There is a known issue with large docs currently with zoom being horribly laggy - we're working on that.  Something else you can try is to go into Preferences > Technology Previews > and uncheck Enable Content Credentials (Beta) if it's enabled.  This has introduced some slow downs and may be a cause.  Let me know either of those help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Chad.

I updated to 23.3.1 and there was no improvement.

The option for "Enable Content Credentials (Beta) " was not checked.

But I did a simple test. I used the brushes on an existing painting that had about 8 layers and experienced the brush lag. Then I flattened the image and the brush lag completely disappeared. So, I imagine that I'm expereincing the issue with large docs. BTW: On the multi layer file, the lag occured whether I was zoomed in or not.

How can I keep track of the progress/resolution of this issue?

Thanks,

Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines