Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hi. My Selection tool is something buggy loading

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. My object selection tool has buggy loading after updating to 23.5.1

I was originally using 2021 (22.5) and installed the latest version (23.5.1) today.
Currently, I have 2021 and 2022 versions of Photoshop on my computer.
However, most of the settings in Photoshop are the same, but it is very slow when i try to select something with the object selection tool.
Rather than just being slow, you have to wait a lot of time with loading icon.
Does Photoshop 2022 require other settings for optimize? I'm embarrassed that I haven't experienced such a slowdown in 2021.

I have a Ryzen 5950x desktop and use Nvidia's 2080 GPU... 
GPU isn't a 3000 series, but it's still pretty good, and the CPU is Ryzen's top-class model. I don't know why there's such a sudden slow loading....
I'm using Windows 10 and the GPU driver has been updated. (btw, I am using the studio driver 517.40. Does this loading happen because the game ready driver is not installed?...)

Please help me...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @nelefag, as Ged points out, this is a known situation. That thread is very long to read through. Here is a recap, and I hope it's helpful to you and others:

1. Update your NVIDIA to the latest Studio driver. (Note, the Gaming driver is known to cause conflicts with Photoshop in some systems.)
  2. With Photoshop 23.5.1., you now have the option to select Device (Quicker results) or Cloud (Detailed results) in Preferences and on the toolbar with the Object Selection Tool in either lasso or rectangle mode. There is still a slower response time to make the selection with either option compared to earlier versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines