• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcuts constantly reset for no good reason

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For at least the seventh time, a soft update was pushed and caused all of my keyboard shortcuts to be reset. When I try to open my saved .KYS file (let's laugh at the acronym in this context), absolutely nothing happens. Shortcuts aren't restored. I have to reset dozens of things in the keyboard shortcut menu by hand. This is ruining my day, once again.

I have no idea what Adobe is doing, but STOP RESETTING USER SHORTCUTS. It's down to luck -- if I open the program today, will an update erase everything? Should I leave Photoshop open indefinitely to avoid this? Crazy problem. It's happened so many times now, and there's no functional reason for it to happen. Some programmer is not paying attention.

Adobe: do not edit this post. Last time I reported issues, a moderator deleted half of my text and I had to call HQ to get someone to realize that deleting text from issue reports is unacceptable. Thankfully, a new moderator stepped in and ensured my issue report survived -- hooray, but talk about avoidance!

My frustration is real. This is an accessibility issue. Custom shortcuts are required, and there is no reason that they should ever be reset on random updates. Stop deleting my preferences every time you push an EULA or other random update!

Thank you.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can turn off auto updates in your Creative Cloud app. It's not a total fix, but it would at least put you in charge of when you make updates and can plan accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe: do not edit this post. Last time I reported issues, a moderator deleted half of my text and I had to call HQ to get someone to realize that deleting text from issue reports is unacceptable. Thankfully, a new moderator stepped in and ensured my issue report survived -- hooray, but talk about avoidance!

By @Matt255164214i9e

Hi Matt,

I just reviewed your previous posts and found the one you are talking about. I saw a few inappropriate words and insults, but they could have been removed individually without changing the overall meaning. The moderator who did the deletion never made a comment on any of your threads.

I understand your frustration, but I also need to mention the forum guidelines to be respectful.

If this should happen again and you think it was inappropriate, please create a separate post on the Using the Community forum and request that staff review the deletion. Their word is final on these forums. Those of us who are tagged as "Community Experts" are volunteers who are part of the community program to assist users. We do not work for Adobe. Staff has a red Adobe logo and an "Adobe Employee" tagline.

Because you posted in "Bugs", staff will see your post. I'm sorry I can't help with that issue.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines