Exit

Layer-destructing bug affecting large files

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2022 May 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. Photoshop 22.5.7

. Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

. Since a couple of years ago, I have been getting this obnoxious bug in which layers are irreversibly destroyed in weird squared patterns. I have noticed that it likely happens with large files, but not close to the 2GB .psd size limit. 

. I would like to know how to deal with this problem, whether it is common or not, and what actions will Adobe take to fix it.

mgllicensing Solar System - llustration Damaged.jpg

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been issues with Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7 and GPU support. 
If it is possible to try on another partiton or disk, I would consider working in Mac OS 11 or 12.  It may resolve those on screen issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See if going to Photoshop>Preferences>Technology Previews, checking/unchecking Disable Native Canvas and restarting photoshop makes any difference.

That is if Deactivate Native Canvas is already checked, uncheck it and vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines