Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library

Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Topic Bug

Photoshop does not keep links to library images. As soon as the library image is placed the little icon indicator changes from "library link" to a red broken link icon. Relinking back to the library image does not change anything. It seems to be linking and then does exactly the same thing where the link is lost. Please help.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you elaborate? is an action (A Photoshop macro) or scripting involved? if not, I can remove the tag.

Can you post a screenshot?

Are you properly logged in your CC account?

Does it occur for all kind of images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lyndaATdcdt 

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually 

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response to my problem.
It does seem that forcing new preferences to be created by moving the original photoshop settings file did the trick.
But something is still not right - for a while now the icon indicating that the Libraries panel has been selected does not show. It is merely a black block.

library.png
The standard sizes when creating a new document also doesn't show anymore and I am relying on going through legacy options.
I have recently uninstalled Photoshop and did a fresh install on recommendation from technical support.
But I feel that Photoshop is giving me more issues than I am used to.
I am running Photoshop version 24.4.1 on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @lyndaATdcdt 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines