• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac M1 Pro Monterey Photoshop crashing and closing itself.

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Photoshop to work on my M1 Pro Macbook Pro with 32G Ram. I am running the newest version of Photoshop 24.0 and I'm on Monterey 12.6. The program crashes constantly. If I tab away from the window to a different program it crashes. It crashes randomly when doing things, but I can't even get it to run for more than minutes at a time because if it doesn't crash -- it closes itself. I'll make a few changes and then it will say "do you want to save before closing?" I'm like umm....cancel please? But there isn't even a cancel option...you can either save or not, but its closing no matter what. I've tried dumping the pref's. I've used Onyx to do some maintenance. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. No luck whatsoever. Same deal. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing any submitted crash reports from you in our system. If you haven't done so already, please submit all Crash Reports along with your email address: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/submit-crash-reports.html That will help us diagnose the crash.

How did you restore your prefs? If you used a shortcut or the Prefs dialog to restore them, I would try this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually
If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there man same problem, what did you do to resolve yours?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey hey, tbh - it resolved on its own with one of the following updates. I dont have the issue anymore.. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines