• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Masking function in PS isnt working as it usually does, especially Refine Edge tool, why?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use (very frequently so I know its not me!) the masking function in PS with my photography work.  I have upgraded to the latest vesion of PS (24.01.1) and Im also using the latest OS update (Ventura 13.0.1).

Im finding that when I select a mask and use the Refine Edge tool to refine your masking selections is not working as it should.  The edges are very jagged and pixelated and it is just doing a really messy job!  I have found the old select and mask (select 'Select' in top menu followed by 'Select and Mask' (whilst holding shift down) - I think its the legacy Select and Mask tool?  Well that works better than the 'correct' way of opening a mask and using the left hand menu tools.  Drving me nuts and causing me much more work than it should.  Please can someone address this issue and look into it. FYI Im using a M1 mac book pro too is that helps?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?