• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My photoshop is struggling with transformations, selections and with saving files.

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hia. I never had any problems using photoshop on this pc for years, even with other programs like chrome open. However, recently I've had tons of trouble. I get error messages saying there isn't enough memory to perform tasks like transformations and making selections, and I was unable to save work the other day because I apparently lacked sufficient memory for the task. I have since checked my memory, defragmented my harddrives, and updated everything I could, and the issues still persist. I can't find any problems when I use diagnostic tools, yet the software I've used on this hardware without trouble for years is now playing up. Any help would be appreciated.

I've just tried select > subject on a layer in a current psd, and this is what the diagnostic plugin has produced:

Photoshop Error information
Code: -1
Text: because of a program error
Message: Could not complete the Subject command because of a program error.
Stack:

If anyone can understand this or explain what's wrong I'd be very grateful.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go to Photoshop Help Menu/System Info and copy/paste details here.

This will help determine a cause/solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines