• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Object selection tool Freezes Photoshop 2023

1 Vote
Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just got the new update for Photoshop v24.0. I cannot use the object seletion tool anymore without Photoshop crashing. I have reset preferences, I have purged cache. I have turned off graphics card. I turned graphics card back on. I have reset Camera Raw Preferences... restarted computer. I am at a loss as to what to do.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You use the word Crash and Freeze interchangibly. Does it crash out completely and display the crash reporter dialog? Or does it freeze and you need to use Task Manager to kill the frozen Photoshop process.

When you restored your prefs, did you use the keyboard shortcut? Or did you manually remove the whole Adobe Photoshop Settings folder using this process? https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually If not, try doing that method.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No error is displayed. It freezes. I have to force quit with Task Manager every time. I have waited a considerable amount of time. As far as the preferences, I cleared it by deleting, so i could save a copy. It was occuring when executing the Camera Raw filter too. That is resolved when clearing cache. Would the more stable or faster selections processing fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"That is resolved when clearing cache. Would the more stable or faster selections processing fix this?" I'm not sure I understand this inquiry. 

Do you mean using Device or Cloud for computing selections? What do you have set here:

JeffreyTranberry_0-1666817306154.png

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.

Senior Product Manager - Customer Advocacy - Digital Imaging

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having this exact same problem.  Its happening to me multeple times per day and Im losing a lot of work because if it. 

Though the selection tool often causes this freeze, it happens during other random circumstances as well such as selecting a layer, or even during a file save.   When the freeze occurs, and I check the task manager, I see one CPU thread pegging away at 100%.  Ive experimented with waiting to see if itll 'let go' but never does.  I always have to kill the photoshop process and then restart my work.  

This is a serious problem for professionals using PS in a work environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate