Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Object Selection Tool Taking Forever / Not Working At All / Endless Load Icon

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I just updated to the most recent Photoshop Version as I have a subscription for the variety of Adobe products (Mainly use PSD & AI and some Premiere).

Anyway, the Object Selection Tool was working yesterday. And yet today it takes forever. Selecting an object that I want to make a selection out of just leaves the program on an endless loading icon.

I've made sure that I have enough scratch disk storage space.

I have Cache Level set at 4 and Cache Tile Size at 1024K.

I have looked up previous issues other users had but to no avail my only option is to no longer use the tool.

And it isn't as if I am using it on highly complex images either. I am doing product photography, these photos consist of 3 colors - a White Background, Black Object holding Jewelry, and the Jewelry I've photographed neatly within the Black Object holding it. The tool was easily taking a second or less yesterday to select things but it's a little disheartening and my workflow will take me much longer.

My main use of the tool was selecting, contracting the selection and making quick edits and image resizing. Now I have to take longer selecting my piece within the image, and with over 300 images left to edit it's going to take change my current deadline.

If I could receive any assistance on this matter, I would be super appreciative.

I have Photoshop Version 24.0.0 20221013.r.59 3a3d761 x64

I am running an Asus Laptop: i7-10510U @ 1.80GHz - 2.30Ghz

16GBs of RAM.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you say it was working yesterday, that was before you updated to the current version (2023)? Or was it working with the current version, then stopped working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines